Can hear audio but no picture
SMB11

After watching Netflix or Disney +, when I switch back to the Fios app, I get a bluish screen with the Fios logo. I can hear audio, but the picture is the blue screen with the Fios logo. It usually fixes itself over night 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can hear audio but no picture
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SMB1 wrote:

After watching Netflix or Disney +, when I switch back to the Fios app, I get a bluish screen with the Fios logo. I can hear audio, but the picture is the blue screen with the Fios logo. It usually fixes itself over night 

Try unplugging power to the Fios box for 5 minutes then plugging it back in. Also check your HDMI cable, it could be loose or bad. What box and what other equipment do you have?

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SMB1 wrote:

Try unplugging power to the Fios box for 5 minutes then plugging it back in. Also check your HDMI cable, it could be loose or bad. What box and what other equipment do you have?

SMB11

The unplug for 5 minutes suggestion worked. Thank you. This has been an issue ever since we bought a new Samsung TV. It was suggested a few months ago that our HDMI cable may be bad. Replaced that cable with a newer one and seemed to remedy the situation for a few months. The issue is showing up with a greater regularity in the last few weeks. Only other piece of equipment we have connected to that TV is a DVD player that is never used. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SMB1 wrote:

The unplug for 5 minutes suggestion worked. Thank you. This has been an issue ever since we bought a new Samsung TV. It was suggested a few months ago that our HDMI cable may be bad. Replaced that cable with a newer one and seemed to remedy the situation for a few months. The issue is showing up with a greater regularity in the last few weeks. Only other piece of equipment we have connected to that TV is a DVD player that is never used. 

If you go to Samsung forums you'll see they have made several firmware updates lately, some caused instability with the Fios equipment. Sometimes after a firmware update the Fios box has to rediscover the TV to set the correct resolution.