Can no longer cast from Chrome to Verizon Settop box
merzydoats
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 7pm yeaterday, I can no longer cast from Google Chrome to my settop box. The boxes don't show up in the browswer anymore. I have reset the browser, cleared the cache and reset the computer. I shut down the box as well. I was watching a video that suddenly stopped and would not go back to the TV.

We have been able to cast for most of this year. What the heck happened?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can no longer cast from Chrome to Verizon Settop box
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

No Problem using this setup.

Been working for several years now.

I choose what to cast UPSTAIRS with my iPad 

\/

\/

View solution in original post

mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

You aren't really casting to your set top box, you are casting to your TV,  or another device like a chromecast.

wsteelenyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's not correct.  It's definitely the FIOS box.  My TV isn't a smart tv and this works for me.  I accidently discovered it a few weks ago!  I don't know why Verizon doesn't market this.  It's a really nice easy to use feature.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

No Problem using this setup.

Been working for several years now.

I choose what to cast UPSTAIRS with my iPad 

\/

\/

richn112

i have the same issue ever since installing netgears Orbi to extend the wifi through the  house.  i have to disconnect my cell phone from the orbi ssid and connect to the verizon router.  only then will the cable boxes show up in the list of devices to cast to.  seems that if i switch back to orbi it continues to work for a few hours, allowing me to control the content being cast to the fios stb.  im sure theres a way to bridge these subnets to allow a more seamless experience but as of yet haven't found a way.....

0 Likes
DJDarkGift
Enthusiast - Level 2

As is the case with most things with Verizon. If they actually had techs field these customer issues I'm sure things would get fixed or identified and reported much easier. That is the problem with these Community Help Pages, You'll get numerous answers and rarely the one that helps, with that being my opinion.  I also noticed the ability to cast to my TV via my chrome browser, as I actually gave 4 options coinciding with the 4 boxes in my house. It was very nice for Verizon to add that option, hopefully they won't go Apple on us and start charging for it. I was just about to pull the trigger and pick up a Chromecast Puck off Amazon but it for the meantime looks like I don't need it, although it is a very huge disappointment to not be able to watch my DVR content from my laptop or desktop computer, even when home on my own network, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll get with the times. As for your issue, I find that odd that it did work, then stopped. I don't think it would have anything to do with the channel on your WiFi Router because the box is hardwired. Hope you get it sorted and working again. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP was stating he could cast to his STB, not his tv or other device.

Have never seen that as a possibility.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with Rob's answer you dont cast to STB's

PLEASE GO HERE for a wealth of solutions to any concerns of yours.

NEW CHROMECAST COMMUNITY FORUM

https://support.google.com/chromecast/community/?hl=en&vid=0-612426091785-1550161683385