Can no longer use FIOS Mobile app as controller

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 4
(764 Views)

I have been using my FIOS Mobile app to control my FIOS STB for a while now.  I just installed a new wireless mesh network system and turned off the wireless networking on my Verizon router.  Now I cannot seem to connect to the STB to control it any longer. 

Is this dependent on using the Verizon wireless network?  This would suck.

Or is it the way it is connected?  The new primary mesh hub is before the Verizon router.  If I connect it to one of the wired ports on the router, would it work then?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can no longer use FIOS Mobile app as controller

Message 2 of 4
(761 Views)

Device running the app has to be connected on the same subnet as your STB.

Mesh controllers have probably created a new subnet that is preventing app from accessing STB.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(758 Views)

Thanks for you response.

So, if I connect the primary mesh hub to a port on the switch of the router, will that allow me to control my STB?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(711 Views)

I'm not familiar with their operation.

You may have to Google to see how to make them work as a network extender or access point.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.