Can't Access Set Top Boxes from Verizon online
furrygoose

When I log into my Verizon account I can't access my set top boxes to program them from the internet.  I was able to do so about 3 weeks ago and then it stopped working.  Also my fios tv central brings up programming for Fort Wayne Indiana and I am in Oregon which may be part of the issue.  There is a big disconnect.  I have tried calling 4 times and they keep telling me someone will cal within 24-48 hours, but I have not heard from anyone yet.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Can't Access Set Top Boxes from Verizon online
hokie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Regarding the wrong location on TV listings in TV Central, I've seen the incorrect location show up (and no DVRs listed) if I l use my verizon.com login. 

Try logging out from TV Central, then logging in with your verizon.net login.  Once I did that, the correct location came up, and can now use either login.

The whole verizon.com vs. verizon.net login is really a pain.  I sure hope their new system is going to finally create a centralized login.

0 Likes
theonlymember

Same thing happens with me.

I used to have online Remote DVR access until about 4/15, when I had to reset my router.

Then on April 20th, I downloaded the iPhone App.  It never receives information from my DVR.  I log into the website and I no longer have online Remote DVR access.  On the 20th, I request access to the online Remote DVR.  I also noticed that my location was wrong also "FORT WAYNE,IN" (I'm in WA state).  Its been probably 10 days and still no online Remote DVR access or iPhone app access.  I filed a ticket and the lady said she would forward it to "people who deal with the website when its down" but still no response either.

0 Likes
theonlymember

Called Tech Support again and they said it had something to do with the merging of verizon.com and verizon.net, which sort of makes sense.  CSR estimated that it should be complete in a week.

0 Likes
looperz

I'm having the same problem.  Can't find my DVR anywhere online and my Droid app isnt working.

0 Likes
flammablesquid

Having nothing but problems here in Fort Wayne as well. My standard set top box (in bedroom, main HD Home Media box was fine) had an error code over a month ago, the techs sent out the wrong box to swap. New box arrived, and I can at least watch TV, but can't access the dvr. Verizon Online hasn't been able to "see" my set top boxes in months. I didn't use the service much, so didn't think it was a big deal. Now that I'm trying to get the dvr to work on the replaced box, I'm getting more than frustrated. The In Home Manager fix it thing isn't working, and according to other posts, hasn't worked in some time-why are they still getting people to download it if it doesn't work? Checked my account today, and to make things even better-my bill has gone up $22. Really giving some thought to just paying the early termination fee and going back to the Dish. In the 2 years of having FIOS, too many calls to tech support.

0 Likes