Can't Initialize Remote Control
carpboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This absolutely is not working.

I have an activation code that I got by enering my phone # on the web page. I am never prompted anywhere to enter this code. When I run the widget it tells me that the was a "network error". When I run the mobile app a box pops up on the TV telling me to register the mobile device. If I go to "remote DVR" setup my phone # is sitting there, telling me it is awaiting activation.

This is not a Verizon phone and not on Fios interent. The phone was connected wirelessly to the Verizon router at all times doing this.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Initialize Remote Control
carpboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the OP. The forum login is horribly broken, I have not been able to get back to reply to the PM's sent to me from VZ. I am logged into Verizon, it says so on the top left of the page, I try to enter forums and I am not recognized. I click signin and it takes me to a profile screen. I logout of verizon and come directly to the forums, signin and I get the 4 radio button choice screen: Verizon userid or forum userid, etc... That take me to........ the profile page. I cannot get into this at all, only by creating another account.

Anyway, VZ - you have PM'ed me, please resend to this userid so we can speak.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please pm Shamika_VZ and give her the url of your post, and your original name, and the nature of your issue. That should do it.

0 Likes
carpboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Elizabeth, that's the info I needed. W/out being able to get into the PM's, I couldn't remember the name of the rep.

Login was tough again with the new id, password wouldn't work. However, at least the "forgot password" function worked.

0 Likes