Can't Re-authorize device to watch DVR content
tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having issues streaming content from FiOS STB to my iPad using FiOS TV App. One suggestion was to re-authorize the device. It says that it is connected to DVR. The message I receive is: "this device has already been authorized/de-authorized twice within a twelve month period and has reached its authorization/de-authorization limit. Error code: 9-6-23-342-101"

So I can't do anything with this device for 12 months? I currently have 1 of 5 devices authorized so I have room to authorize 4 more. Any ideas? Support wants me to factory reset everything and I just don't want to do that. I will lose all recorded shows as well as everything we have programmed. They also want me to factory reset my routers (have the Quantum Gateway Router and the Verizon-sold Orbi routers). Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't Re-authorize device to watch DVR content
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your Gateway router wifi is turned of and your Obris are set up in AP mode. If the Orbi is set up as a router you will have issues. The app will think that you are not on the home network. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your Gateway router wifi is turned of and your Obris are set up in AP mode. If the Orbi is set up as a router you will have issues. The app will think that you are not on the home network. 

JJG11

I'm connected to fios router and was having trouble getting my ipad registered.  It showed registered in the fios app on the ipad but would not show as registered on the main DVR set top box.  Now it shows 'authorized' on the STB, but will not let me reauthorize on the fios app on the ipad.  I'm getting the error message saying i tried too many times and have to wait twelve months.  Is there a way to fix this without having to do a full reset of all the devices?

0 Likes