Can't See Time Remaining on DVR Recordings
Monte88Carlo
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I watch a recorded show, I used to (before upgrading to Quantum) be able to hit the info button on the remote to see how much time was left in the recording.  However, the button is unrepsonsive unless I press it repeatedly and then time remaining will briefly flash on the screen.  I have tried multiple remotes, along with resetting the media server and clients.  This only happens on recorded shows.  If I am timeshifting a live program, the info button and time remaining work fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't See Time Remaining on DVR Recordings
justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Monte88Carlo wrote:

Just gave it a shot, but no luck.  It has the same results as hitting the info button.  If I press it quickly and repeatedly, the show info, along with time remaining will flash on for about 1/2 a second or so.  It's only the media clients this is happening on.  The media server (VMS1100) works fine.

OK, I just went and checked on one of my IPC1100 clients, works exactly the same way as on the VMS. My guess is that you have one of the display time values set differently on your VMS vs. your client(s) - I have mine set to 4 seconds. I suggest you take a look at the timeout settings on the VMS and compare them to your client(s).

Edit: I just re-read your post and realized you said hitting the Info button gave the same results as hitting the OK button. That does not happen for me, on either VMS or IPC. Hitting Info gives me the detailed program info screen (full screen), hitting OK gives me the channel info banner at the bottom of the screen. So I think you neet to take a look at several of the settings and set them to agree between the VMS and PIC boxes.

View solution in original post

justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Monte88Carlo wrote:

When I watch a recorded show, I used to (before upgrading to Quantum) be able to hit the info button on the remote to see how much time was left in the recording.  However, the button is unrepsonsive unless I press it repeatedly and then time remaining will briefly flash on the screen.  I have tried multiple remotes, along with resetting the media server and clients.  This only happens on recorded shows.  If I am timeshifting a live program, the info button and time remaining work fine.

On my Quamtum VMS1100, if I hit the OK button I get the normal display at the bottom of the screen showing what recording I am watch, and at the right end of the bar is the time into the recording (counting up) followed by the time left (counting down). I haven't recently done that on one of my clients but I think it works the same way there.

Have you tried hitting the OK button on the remote?

0 Likes
Monte88Carlo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just gave it a shot, but no luck.  It has the same results as hitting the info button.  If I press it quickly and repeatedly, the show info, along with time remaining will flash on for about 1/2 a second or so.  It's only the media clients this is happening on.  The media server (VMS1100) works fine.

0 Likes
justin9875
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Monte88Carlo wrote:

OK, I just went and checked on one of my IPC1100 clients, works exactly the same way as on the VMS. My guess is that you have one of the display time values set differently on your VMS vs. your client(s) - I have mine set to 4 seconds. I suggest you take a look at the timeout settings on the VMS and compare them to your client(s).

Edit: I just re-read your post and realized you said hitting the Info button gave the same results as hitting the OK button. That does not happen for me, on either VMS or IPC. Hitting Info gives me the detailed program info screen (full screen), hitting OK gives me the channel info banner at the bottom of the screen. So I think you neet to take a look at several of the settings and set them to agree between the VMS and PIC boxes.

Monte88Carlo
Enthusiast - Level 1

You solved it!  I went and checked my timeout settings and there was no value selected.  In other words, there was no green checkmark next to any of the seconds options.  As soon as I selected an option, it worked like a charm.  Thanks!

0 Likes