Can't connect to DVR from online or mobile app
mickeyglocks

I am unable to program/manage DVR online or via the smart phone app, and I consistently get the message that my DVR may be offline (error code 9-6-72-652-001 online and 9-6-24-652-001 on the app). 

I have tried rebooting and power-cycling my DVR, and contacting support, to no avail.  I was even told by support that I needed Enhanced DVR for this feature, but I believe this was inaccurate.  Standard DVR features clearly states "Program and manage your DVR online or from your compatible smart phone."

Does anyone know a fix for this issues that does not require tech providing me with a new STB/DVR? My model is VMS1100.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to DVR from online or mobile app
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using FIOS router?

You need to do initial control while connected to your home network.

Once your device is registered to your DVR, you should have control outside of your house.

0 Likes
Caty1

Everyone keep saying that you have to connect to the router but no one is saying how to do it

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Plug a Verizon router into your coax network.  Plug the set-top-box into the same coax network.  They will connect automatically over coax.  You can confirm the connection by looking at the active devices on the router's management page.

If you're not using a Verizon router, more complex setup is required and not all FiOS features may work.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ELR1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same problem. Uninstalling/Reinstalling the app got it working again for me.

0 Likes
Smi2
Enthusiast - Level 1

whats the point?  still can't download your shows

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So you can watch them while not in the house?

I use it often when visiting relatives to watch recorded shows.

And if you have Verizon wireless, you can watch the content without it counting against your data plan.

0 Likes
VerizoQuest

I’m having the exact same issue. I used to stream shows on my tablet in rooms where we didn’t have a tv. Nothing changed but starting this week it just refused to work. I know my DVR is online since I use it to watch tv downstairs but the app will not work. I also tried to uninstall and then reinstall it and it didn’t help. Am using a fios router btw. 

0 Likes
PeterJay

Looks like I can sorta connect, but for example, I can't even set a show to record. 

I get the error 9-6-71-652-001. 

This is both from a desktop browser and Android FIOS TV app. Same error.

Have FIOS Quantum Gateway. 

0 Likes
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

Happens a lot from the website.  It's hit or miss, I don't know when I'm going to get the error or when it's going to work.

0 Likes