Switch Account

Can't connect to DVR from online or mobile app

Can't connect to DVR from online or mobile app

Highlighted
Contributor mickeyglocks
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(1,750 Views)

I am unable to program/manage DVR online or via the smart phone app, and I consistently get the message that my DVR may be offline (error code 9-6-72-652-001 online and 9-6-24-652-001 on the app). 

I have tried rebooting and power-cycling my DVR, and contacting support, to no avail.  I was even told by support that I needed Enhanced DVR for this feature, but I believe this was inaccurate.  Standard DVR features clearly states "Program and manage your DVR online or from your compatible smart phone."

Does anyone know a fix for this issues that does not require tech providing me with a new STB/DVR? My model is VMS1100.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 7
(1,693 Views)

Are you using FIOS router?

You need to do initial control while connected to your home network.

Once your device is registered to your DVR, you should have control outside of your house.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor Caty
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(695 Views)

Everyone keep saying that you have to connect to the router but no one is saying how to do it

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 4 of 7
(676 Views)

Plug a Verizon router into your coax network.  Plug the set-top-box into the same coax network.  They will connect automatically over coax.  You can confirm the connection by looking at the active devices on the router's management page.

If you're not using a Verizon router, more complex setup is required and not all FiOS features may work.

Good Luck.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor ELR1996
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(568 Views)

Had the same problem. Uninstalling/Reinstalling the app got it working again for me.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Smi
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 7
(414 Views)

whats the point?  still can't download your shows

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 7 of 7
(405 Views)

So you can watch them while not in the house?

I use it often when visiting relatives to watch recorded shows.

And if you have Verizon wireless, you can watch the content without it counting against your data plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.