Can't connect to DVR remotely - through web or mobile app
emaniacnj

This was working just a day or so ago, and now I cannot access my DVR either through the website or iPhone mobile app.  I saw the other posting where some type of back-end "re mapping" needs to take place.  Can I have the same assistance?  This is also the second time this has happened to me, and I've only had the service for a month or so.  This is a great part of the service, but it needs to work.  In fact I was just asked to rate the mobile app this AM, and gave it a high mark.  Then tried it and no access to DVR.  Quite frustrating.

Here is the message through web - I masked the box name:

Set-Top Box - xxxxxxxxxxxx is not responding.

Through mobile it says:

Error - Network connection fo FiOS services timed out.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to DVR remotely - through web or mobile app
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3

I'm having the same issues on the FIOS TV CENTRAL website as well as the new Android app.  It refuses to connect and download my favorites or my dvr recording lists...  Same errors as the post above.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There could be a couple things going on. The portforwarding in the router might be locked up. Before we remap the boxes, please reboot the router by turning it off then back on. If you are still experiencing the problem after doing that, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Henryjhdez
I am having the exact same issue. I can't connect remotely through web or iPhone app. I called for support and customer service told me to call apple. Certainly not an appropriate answer. Is there any way that you can help me.
0 Likes
BDSou812
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have had the same issue including this morning! Sometimes I simple go to the menu and select options My Services/TV/DVR and everything works!!Man Surprised Worked fro me this morning!Smiley Wink

0 Likes
mashghoool
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am getting a "bad gateway" error message on the web dvr on fios central., and then i get a "gateway timeout" on the recorded shows. whats going on? i also cant log in using my iphone app either anymore. it shows the schedule, but not the dvr schedule.
0 Likes
bjh4

tried to follow online guide to get dvr to work remotely but its not working. unplugged...replugged router...same with set top box.

when online fios cant see or recognize my set top box dvr...knows the model and where it is located but cant access it.

put app on iphone yesterday and i am getting the same failure messages as the others. i am noticing that chat doesnt even work today for support.

any suggestions that might work?

its a great tool when it works...

thanks,

brent

0 Likes
nubby122
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Phone support tried a few things, said it would be taken care of by the next day and I would receive a text.  Next day and no text.  Posted on here and I have done some things w/ the verizon rep.  On third day now of exchanging emails.  Looking up the service request, I am supposed to be done by 5:00 tonight.  Yeah right! 

I don't know when it stopped working, but it isn't working when I need it.  I think that is the purpose of it.

(also android app not working, doesn't connect)

0 Likes
ace34
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happened twice to me. I have used Live Chat and informed the fios agent  I'm getting the time issue. They either "re-map or reconnect " and it works immediately. No need to turn on the SB or change anything.

This assumes, it has work in the past. The issue occurred when I switched my SBs. 

It seems when you order the new DVR SB, they switch something on the back end, thus the new SB can work. Then, if you do not upgrade and continue to use the old SB, Remote DVR stops working. - I chatted via Live Agent and it worked.

Later, I upgraded to new SB box and DVR remote stopped working. Thus, I assumed they had remapped to old SB, hence new SB did not work. Chatted via Live Agent and it works...

It works from iphone, Ipad and pc. From Iphone it works from Fios DVR remote and DVR Manager app.

Hope this helps

tammyandlee

I am having the same problem. Just had TV activated Friday. When I call support they suggest factory router reset. That does not fix it. 

Anthony_VZ can you help?

Thanks.

0 Likes