Can't control volume with the FIOS Universal Remote
iJoMun

So I just bought a new TV (a LG OLED) which comes with its own universal remote (the Magic Remote) that you can set up to control other devices in your system. I have set it up to control the Verizon STB and it works fine, but I still find it convenient sometimes to use the Verizon Universal Remote (P265 v5) to access certain functions on the STB. But the one function I can't control with the Verizon remote anymore is the Volume. UGH! So my question: Is there a way to get volume control back to the Verizon remote without losing STB functionality on the LG Magic Remote? I'd like to be able to use both. Thank you.

P.S. It doesn't seem to matter if the Volume Control setting on the STB is set to FIXED or VARIABLE. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't control volume with the FIOS Universal Remote
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn tv on with lg remote. Press ok and 0 on remote simultaneously and red light will stay on at top of remote. Then put in 3 digit code. I think lg code is 210 then press play until you tv turns off. Then press ok. Red light will go off then it will be programmed for lg. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does Verizon remote turn TV off and on?

If so, there are instructions in the user guide on how to make changes to control volume.

Google model number if you don't have a user guide.

0 Likes
iJoMun

No, not since I set up the LG Magic Remote to control the STB. But most functions on the Verizon remote still work, functions like MENU, GUIDE, DVR controls, directional, etc.

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this same issue the night I got FIOS installed. I had to call customer support and they ran me through a few codes to rest the remote. After about 5 or 6 codes, I regained volume control on the remote. I suggest you give them a call or chat.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn tv on with lg remote. Press ok and 0 on remote simultaneously and red light will stay on at top of remote. Then put in 3 digit code. I think lg code is 210 then press play until you tv turns off. Then press ok. Red light will go off then it will be programmed for lg. 

0 Likes
iJoMun

Thank you Miketee. I'll call them as my last resort.

0 Likes
iJoMun

Hey. your instructions sound promising but I'm a little confused. I get the part about turning on the TV with the LG remote, but the rest of the steps are they on the LG remote or the fios remote?

0 Likes
Milodad

Thanks for the info.  Worked the first time to my amazement.   Cool! 

0 Likes
mich54

I don’t have LG.  what can I do instead? 

0 Likes
Mactheknife

Any suggestions 210 code doesn't work. 

0 Likes