Switch Account

Can't get My Book AV 500 esata drive working with Motorola QIP-7216

Can't get My Book AV 500 esata drive working with Motorola QIP-7216

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 21 of 22
(710 Views)

Along the same lines.   I have a new My Book AV 1TB.  and a new from Verizon 7216.   The DVR sees the My Book and seems to record to it just fine.  However the 7216 reboots it self sevral times a day the external is always there after a reboot but it will happen in the middle of recording a show, sometimes watching a show.   It dose seem to happen in the 10pm hour alot but i don't know if we just notice it then because we are watching at that time.   Any ideas?  

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 22 of 22
(697 Views)

I just wanted to say that I have a 7216 with a 1.5 TB hard drive and enclosure I built myself.  It has been rock-solid from the start (about three weeks now), and I estimate I should get 200 hours of HD content on it.

I used the following:

Western Digital AV-GP WD15EVDS-FR 1.5TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Rosewill METAS Aluminum / Plastic 3.5" USB3.0 & eSATA External Enclosure

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.