Can't get to support AT ALL... DVR turning on and off
suelstag

Just HOW can I actually contact Verizon tech support? I'm sure all I need is a replacement DVR.  The unit itself is not working correctly.  The set top box in another room is functioning just fine.   Symptom:  My DVR is turning itself off and on.  It flashes "terminal locked" just for a second, then tries to restart again.  Occasionally I can get to the Verizon FiOS TV starting up with the red curtains, but then the picture goes all blurry and it restarts again and again.    btw - the TV itself is working fine as I can watch VCR or DVD content.  I already tried resetting the DVR.  I tried resetting the router, then the DVR - still doing it.   I used the Quick Fix on the website to send commands to the unit- still doing it.   I tried the Verizon Online Agent, then I tried contacting Live Chat which was not working. I tried using the Email, but it says I can't use email for TV support.   I then called the 24/7 phone number on the website for TV issues which routed me to a local office which then said the office was closed.  Just HOW do I contact someone?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get to support AT ALL... DVR turning on and off
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

1-800-Verizon   (1-800-837-4966), follow the options for repair.

or

1-888-553-1555  again follow the options for repair.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try a Live Chat Session. It's working right now. 

Contact Us 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

1-800-Verizon   (1-800-837-4966), follow the options for repair.

or

1-888-553-1555  again follow the options for repair.

0 Likes
tomlb

I've been trying both repair phone numbers for 5 days without success. After following all prompts and waiting out long silences a final recorded message declares "due to heavy volumn no one is available to assist you. Try your call again later".

Where do I cancel this so called "service"?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon FiOS Phone Number & Customer Service Shortcuts from ...

At first when being asked for your 10 digit account number answer "I don't have one". In the next menu press 0 and you will be directed to a service agent, after specifying which department you would like to be transferred to.

give that a whirl.  they don't have a bunch of different numbers, so 1-800 VERIZON is the same number you use to cancel as you would for tech support.  if you follow some of the tricks on the above method you should get through pretty quick. 

When I call - I just call the number, and remain completely silent not answering any question the system asks, and after 2:30 seconds the voice system gives up and transfers me.  I usually get someone in under 10 minutes

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I just tried the number myself. Tech support answered immediately. I had no wait at all. I just had them send me a new remote control. You still having problems getting through? Now when doing this, make sure that you are following the options for repair, not customer support. CS is not repair and CS is usually much busier than tech support.

To cancel. Its the same number except you follow the options for customer support.

0 Likes
clarissa_adam

Okay when it does that..terminal locked..its because they locked you out because there doing an update or something to it..if you wait it evenutually comes back on..no you were not waiting 5 days..if you were then you probably just got the service and it wasnt set up right. But for longer customers its just updating.

0 Likes
clarissa_adam

yeah it just happened to me..they just did a major update..new guide..new hd viewing options n etc. so just wait it out.

0 Likes