Can't hold down volume button on remote
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I have a HD DVR QIP 7216 1 with a dynex tv.  I recently started running into a problem with the remote where I can't hold down the volume button.  If I hold it down it turns my tv volume down by one level and then the DVD, AUX, TV, and STB all light up at the same time and then all the lights on the remote go out.

I literally have to hit volume up volume up volume up volume up volume up to get the volume up five levels.  It can take forever since loud on my TV is somewhere around level 40 and not so loud is around 15. 

I've pulled the batteries with no luck.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't hold down volume button on remote
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@nmilot wrote:

Thanks, but no luck.  It's very random.  Sometimes it will work for the first two seconds of holding it down, but then it fails and all the lights up top light up.

Crazy suggestion, but have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?  Just an off the wall idea.

View solution in original post

Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

you can check there for the remote and reset it back to factory settings, the easiest thing to do would be to steal a remote from another room, program it and see if that one has the same issue, if it doesn't then call verizon or use the live chat on the contact us under support to get a new remote.

0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, but no luck.  It's very random.  Sometimes it will work for the first two seconds of holding it down, but then it fails and all the lights up top light up.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@nmilot wrote:

Crazy suggestion, but have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?  Just an off the wall idea.

prisaz
Legend

@Keyboards wrote:

@nmilot wrote:

Not too crazy. I was gonna ask but didn't. Pulling them is not the same as changing them. My remote goes nuts like that when the batteries wear out.

Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

I assumed pulled batteries meant tried new batteries.

0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

It's amazing how many things I will try and how much time I will waste searching through forums before I go digging through a drawer to find two new batteries.  I did this and it worked.

I guess I just figured that when the batteries were on their way out that the remote would just stop functioning altogether.  I'm wondering if what I was seeing is some sort of low battery indicator?  Probably not.

Oh well, thanks!

0 Likes