Can't record on all the tuners in my Quantum DVR
JGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a FiOS Quantum DVR and 3 set top boxes. I've discovered that when 3 shows are being recorded at the same time, I can't change the DVR to another channel, even though none of the set top boxes are in use. it appears that each set top box "hogs" a timer even when it is turned off. This stinks. Is there any way around it? If not, the sales pitch saying I could record up to 6 channels at once that i got that sold me on upgrading to Quantum was bogus.

0 Likes
Re: Can't record on all the tuners in my Quantum DVR
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean turned off.

I have the same setup you do.

If the STB has been switched off, it should release a tuner.

There is alaso an inactivity timer setting on the STBs that can be used to release the tuner.

0 Likes
JGJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I say the STB is turned off, I mean it's still plugged in but turned off using the STB power button on the remote.

You refer to an inactivity timer setting on the STB. Do you mean the alert that pops up after 4 hours of watching the same channel and not using the remote for any reason? That's the only inactivity timer I know of, and it would not apply when the STB is turned off.

So ti sure appears that my setup is behaving differently from yours.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So try this:

Ensure all of your IPCs are turned off.

Make sure nothing is recording on VMS.

Select random channels and hit record.

Keep changing channels and recording until you either get to 6 recordings or you get an error message.

If you get an error, post details.

0 Likes