Can't setup remote DVR Access
tangmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got FIOS TV and internet Dec 8.  I submitted a request to allow remote DVR acces Dec 9.  Now 3 weeks later, it says it hasn't completed the activation process.  I called tech suppt about 10 days ago, spent 45 minutes on the phone, and they said they'd fixed the issue and if I reset my modem when I got home it would work.  Well, that didn't do it.

I don't want to call tech support again.  Can anyone here help me get remote DVR access activated?  Thanks.

BTW, the first week I had FIOS, the TV channel guides wouldn't load.  That had something to do with using the wrong configuration for the box at my house.  I submitted the remote DVR access request during that time, which may be what hung it up.  Hopefully there's some way to "un-hang" it now.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can't setup remote DVR Access
prisaz
Legend

@tangmu wrote:

I got FIOS TV and internet Dec 8.  I submitted a request to allow remote DVR acces Dec 9.  Now 3 weeks later, it says it hasn't completed the activation process.  I called tech suppt about 10 days ago, spent 45 minutes on the phone, and they said they'd fixed the issue and if I reset my modem when I got home it would work.  Well, that didn't do it.

I don't want to call tech support again.  Can anyone here help me get remote DVR access activated?  Thanks.

BTW, the first week I had FIOS, the TV channel guides wouldn't load.  That had something to do with using the wrong configuration for the box at my house.  I submitted the remote DVR access request during that time, which may be what hung it up.  Hopefully there's some way to "un-hang" it now.  Thanks

Unplug the DVR, reset the modem. Not just power cycle, but reset with a paper clip. After the Internet comes back up, plug the DVR back in and go to the settings to be sure it says the remote DVR is enabled. If that does not work, contact tech support, perhaps the online chat may be the fastest method. Have them make sure they can contact the DVR and that the proper port forwarding is setup in the router. It should do it automaticly now from what I have read. But sometimes depending on perhaps the router version, it may not.

I also pointed this post out to some Verizon employees. They should get back to you and help. Look for a private message.

0 Likes
tangmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but that didn't change the status. 

0 Likes
tangmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, can you help?  No luck with phone support.  Shouldn't your system alert you when someone requested remote DVR access and it didn't happen, so you could just go ahead and address it?

Please help.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tangmu wrote:

Thanks, but that didn't change the status. 

Did you get a private message from anyone? Look in the envelope in top right side of the screen, under the search feature. The envelope should turn gold if you have any, and the number of messages will be displayed. Just thought I would point it out if you did not know.

If you have enabled the feature on your DVR, have you gone to the web page here register the DVR for the service? More info.

https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/unprotected/RecordShows.aspx

All else fails. contact them again directly, and talk with tech support.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@tangmu wrote:

Verizon, can you help?  No luck with phone support.  Shouldn't your system alert you when someone requested remote DVR access and it didn't happen, so you could just go ahead and address it?

Please help.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Prisaz: Great information to pass along, thanks!

Tangmu: Please go into the MENU, then CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.  If you are still experiencing problems after doing this, please send a private message.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Prisaz: Great information to pass along, thanks!

Tangmu: Please go into the MENU, then CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.  If you are still experiencing problems after doing this, please send a private message.

I always forget about In Home Agent. Does this help setup the port forwarding rules in the router? Or is that done from the backend? Just like to know.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No it does not setup the port forwarding rules. That's done on the back end. What the autocorrect does is restart the "listeners" that are required to interface with the box.

0 Likes
tangmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support called me last night and finally got it working by un-authorizing and then re-authorizing the STB DVR.  It took more nearly 4 weeks, and I had to keep pushing Verizon to look into it, but it's working now.