Can't sign in to HBO GO or Showtime Anytime
TheLuckyPierre

Is anyone else not able to sign in to HBO GO or Showtime Anytime for the last few days? I've logged in fine for a year or so, but a few days ago it started freezing up on the screen after you enter your username and password and it says "signing in" and has that spinning wheel forever.

0 Likes
Re: Can't sign in to HBO GO or Showtime Anytime
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seems to sign me on, but not go back to the correct page.  When I page back a couple pages I am signed in and can go on to view shows.  Not clear whose problem it is.  Often its revision to FLASH etc, that cause the problem and sometimes ITS HBO or SHOWTIME.  Rarely but sometimes its Verizon's problem.  Remember the various sites go to Verizon ONLY FOR authentication, after that you are authorized and the rest is their responsibility.

0 Likes
TheLuckyPierre

Yeah I emailed HBO and they said they have no control over that sign on page. I called Verizon but hung up after being on hold for 45 minutes because I have a feeling they won't be able to help anyway. When I try to log on with an iPad it says "unable to authenticate with that site" or something like that. Thank you though, I wanted to know if everyone was having this problem or if I should keep trying to get it resolved. I guess I have some calls to make and emails to write.

0 Likes
jeff3fff

I have this exact issue, except that I get the same thing ("signing in...") from my mac (safari and chrome), a win8 PC (internet explorer), iPad, and iPhone.

maddening.  I was able to watch earlier in the week but when they wanted me to re-authenticate, no dice.

I also got an email from HBO where they said it was not their fault.  I pushed back at them (surely they must have an ISP team who can help with these issues).

I'm also tweeting back/forth with VZ support, which has been polite but useless.  My hope is at some point they'll actually try to find out who I am so they can look me up in their system.

0 Likes
Ambi915

I am having the same problem as well. I can't sign in to any of the online apps (ESPN, HBO, Showtime, Startz) I am on the go so I want to catch up..this is quite annoying.

Is there anyone that can help us to solve this problem as other users from different providers are not having this problem..

My computer keeps saying signing in and thats it nothing else. This is happing on my PC, Mac, Android IPhone and IPad..come on verizon please fix.

0 Likes
jeff3f1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I solved it, but I wasn't 100% happy with the solution.

For me, it's because I have two Verizon usernames.  I was a DSL customer a while ago, and used one name.  Then I switched to another provider.  But later subscribed to FiOS...at that time they made me pick a different username because my original one was already in use (by me, sort of).  But somehow I could use my old one too.  It was double-personality, I needed to sign in as oldname to get to billing and stuff, but as newname to get to FiOS stuff (phone messages, DVR on website, etc).  I think it was because I had a telephone account with Verizon the entire time, my old username stayed tied to me.

I complained and complained, and eventually they did something to my account so that I could use either name and get the same functionality.  So I went to using the oldest username.  I thought my two accounts were merged, but I was wrong because a couple days ago HBOgo stopped working.

So the solution was, to use my main/official FiOS username, the one I had to choose when I signed up for FiOS.  I don't know why this change occurred, but it did for me.

So, if anyone has this issue, AND they may have multiple usernames...here it is.

If you're not sure, the twitter support led to a convenient chat window where I walked through things fairly rapidly.

0 Likes
Jwheat2167
I too am having the same problem, can't login to anything, watch espn, hbogo, etc... Get to the sign in page and enter my information and then I get the screen that either says verifying account or signing in with the endless spinning wheel. Never had a problem signing in until about a week ago. Looks like I'm not the only one, hope they can fix this quickly.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And if you back page your browser are you actually logged in?  As I said my testing shows I am and can then view programming.

Hmm.  Just tried it again and it is working a bit better and worse.  I found I need to Sign out of Verizon in order for Showtimeanytime not to give a message about being unable to open the page in a frame (which then gets lost in the regular Verizon pages if you open it a new window.  If I sign out of Verizon first SHowtime works.  I will give HBO go a test next.

0 Likes
TheLuckyPierre

Well i'm sorry to hear that you guys are having this problem too, but it does make me feel a little better. The first reply said he was able to sign in so i thought it was my problem and i've been trying to solve it and driving myself nutty. Now that i know it's a systemic issue i at least don't feel like i don't know how to fix anything.

Again, sorry but thanks everyone.

I'll post if/when it ever starts working.

0 Likes
jeff3f1
Enthusiast - Level 2

wanted to remind folks to contact verizon support if it's not fixed for them yet. I had this issue and found it was caused by a glitch in my login (related to but slightly different from an email alias or sub-account).

at the very least they can see your account and why it's working/not working.  I suspect they changed something, it only affects a small number of folks, and it won't be fixed unless/until the support folks see that you cannot get into the system.

0 Likes