Can't turn off Closed Captions
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Have a 7232-2 in MBR feeding a Sony 40V2500 direct.  Suddenly this morning as wife was fumbling with her Harmony remote the CC came on, and we can't make it go away. 

Turned off all gear, turned on with VZ remote (which can override Harmony,in any case.)  Problem persists.  Using Sony remote, went into TV menu - CC is set to off. 

With VZ remote, went into STB menu and down to CC.  Discovered  CC2 the selected option.  Changed to OFF.

NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT, WON'T STICK.  Every time I set it and go back and look, the CC is still there and and refuses to change.

HELP, please

starrin

0 Likes
Re: Can't turn off Closed Captions
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Belay my last.

Kind soul in a non VZ forum directed me to a solution which appears to be working.

Thanks for your interest in any case

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was the fix?

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Since the VZ remote overrides the Harmony the wife uses, we used that remote.  The function is there (and on some Harmony remotes):

Pushing on the asterisk key (below the 7, to the left of 0) cycles

the set, on screen, through all the available CC options.  When I stopped it at "OFF", the CC shortly went away.  Have no idea why that worked and attempting to cycle to the same spot with the STB Menu doesn't work.

One can teach an old dog new tricks!

0 Likes
Arlene24

I wanted to share.  I tried to use the Verizon remote to shut it off and would not go off, then, I read the lower reply and I tried the CC on the other remote to the tv and THAT worked.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes