Can't upgrade DVR
tragicvelvet

no I can sign in just fine. I already signed up to be notified and already received my email telling me that I am eligible for the upgrade. The issue is the **bleep** website not having an option to "choose the dvr" for the upgrade...that is the page I get stuck on. I've tried it with multiple browsers with cookies on and then off. Customer service over the phone is a joke...completely clueless. I had no idea it would be this difficult to simply upgrade to the new DVR. Why the hell can't I just order it over the phone???

0 Likes
Re: Can't upgrade DVR
tragicvelvet

This thread needs to be unchecked as "solved" because the issue is not solved for both myself, my relatives, and my friends who are all having the same issue with ordering the upgrade over the phone. I already called in to the "e center" who was going to address the issue within 24 hours...well its been 2 days.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tragicvelvet wrote:

no I can sign in just fine. I already signed up to be notified and already received my email telling me that I am eligible for the upgrade. The issue is the **bleep** website not having an option to "choose the dvr" for the upgrade...that is the page I get stuck on. I've tried it with multiple browsers with cookies on and then off. Customer service over the phone is a joke...completely clueless. I had no idea it would be this difficult to simply upgrade to the new DVR. Why the hell can't I just order it over the phone???

Your statement confuses me. When you receive the email it tells you to click on the DVR icon in the email and then follow the steps, at least the one I received did. You don't? And if you did, when you click on the DVR icon what do you see? You then don't have a DVR shown to upgrade, or what? Do you currently have a DVR? I just don't understand on what step you are being stuck on.

I went through this process this week, ordered on Wednesday, got the DVR yesterday, installed and activated it last night. Quick and easy.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Also, phone support can't handle the updgrade.  It is being handled by a special group and AFAIK can only be sone online.

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

I had the same problem.  It sounded like, if you have a mrdvr on your account, you can not order another one, even if you will be returning the first.  I had to go into the FiosTV store to get a new one. 

0 Likes
defilm

The Sad part is that NEW customers can get the new Multiroom DVR FREE for life, Extreme HD, 15/5 Internet, Digital voice for $99.99.  Yet I have to fill out email and they will notify me??  I am already logged in, an existing customer, and Verizon has a history of offering new phone service, or enhanced Wireless service, but existing customers are screwed paying for old packages that no longer exist at higher rates!! Smiley Mad  It is not "Fraud" but it has some real "Ethics issues", and being a long time Verizon and Verizon wireless customer, it has happened to me again and again.

Well I have a choice, I can rip out Verizon everything, and go with Optimum online, get 100Mbs symmetrical internet service,

go with my existing OTA PVR I built with a 2TB drive, and a Ceton card that will use Verizons or Optimum's, (insert any cable provider here with a Multi-card, aka MCARD.)  it is $3.99/mo, and this allows me to record up to 4 channels of H,.264 at the same time.  (At 1080p 1 hour is about 12GB, but at 720p, which is sharp for me, each hour is 7GB.  So doing the math, on one 2GB drive, I can record about 280 hours of HiDef. Drop in 2nd 2GB drive I have 560 hours of 720p hi-def.

Verizon's Mcard is $3.99/mo, but they charge you $79.99 to send a service guy out to insert the Mcard (PCMCIA size) in to the slot for you.  Cablevision the card is $3.99/mo and they send yout the card UPS, you plug the card in the slot yourself.  The Ceton

card is a PCIe 1x, and every motherboard I know has at least 2 of them unused.  (Mine is in a ITX case, 7x7x2.5" case), and is a $325 investment.

Note the new DVR only allows recording 2 channels while playing back a pre-recorded show, or watching one you are

recording (which defeats the purpose).  Ceton also offers a pre-build PVR you can buy, works with all the companies

including FIOS, and allows you to record 6 channels at full 1080p... a little perk. It is plug and play.  If you buy your own

PC with NVidia card and 2GB drive, you can stil record 4 channels.

Or, you can wait until Verizon decides if the box is available???  if it isn't available for EXISTING customers, HOW

is it available for NEW ones????  I already have an ONU in my basement, 4 StdDev STB's and 1 old POS 40 hour

DVR at $19,.95/month, $220/year...  Sounds like Verizon is checking out if the response for NEW customers is not as

high as expected, they will see if they can provide EXISTING customers with the new DVR, FREE for LIFE

which eliminates a $19.95/mo revenue stream for them! 

Well, consider I am tired of the old DVR that holds 3-4 movies, and perhaps a favorite show's 3-4 episodes...

verses dropping a one time $325 for the ceton card and $3.99/mo for Verizons (or Optimums) Mcard and you

can record 4 channels at once on your own DVR.....

Time to put this out on my Blog, and Twitter...  I can't believe Verizon has me logged in as an existing customer

and has to "Check if the DVR is available to me"...  Why??  Does it require adjustment to the local PON's?

I suspect it runs on the same OC/12 optical channel as my existing DVR receives via their ONU, but what does

this Ph.D in Electrical Engineering know that has been designing optical networks for the last 20 years for

low latency Wall Street trading firms know abiout how DWDM networks work????  LOL.

IMHO, it is at least unethical.  Time to start a #FIOS Tweet list once I write it up on my blog... Perhaps that

will help?  Heck, with Twitter help they overthrew a country in 8 days? Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
defilm

Well they have information that will walk you to the place to put yourself on the email mailing list to determine

if you are eligible for an upgrade.  What are the criteria if you are already a long time HD DVR customer paying

$20/mo for the old DVR???  Makes you wonder what criteria they are using, and if any of the

criteria is discriminatory?  From a technical POV, if you have an existing HD DVR, there is no

technical reason you can not run the new DVR.

Now if you expect IPv6 support, given the Motorola modems only do WEP on the WIfi.....

uh, we may be waiting a while.   Other broadband providers are well underway with their

IPv6 Programs....  But that is another whole sore point...

Dr. D

0 Likes
tragicvelvet

Ok so I have a multi room HD DVR...I don't get why it wouldn't show up as "dvr eligible for upgrade".

Here is the problem

1. I click on the dvr icon in my email

2. opens new page and says I'm eligible for upgrade...I click "next"

3. I get to a page where it says "select dvr for upgrade" and at the bottom there is a check box for accepting the "one time 39.99 fee"

4. I can check mark the box for the fee but there is nothing to check for which dvr I want to upgrade. There is an icon of a DVR but you can't click on it...when I try and proceed it tells me I have to choose at least one DVR

5. I get frustrated

The new DVR's can be programmed to be multi room DVR's I assume...its just a software patch..the actual DVR is identical.

0 Likes
tragicvelvet

so you can just walk into a verizon store with your current dvr and get the new one? customer support tried to make it sound like I couldn't

0 Likes