Can't watch Verizon FiOS TV on iPad or Xbox 360
jwnarron

Hi,

I have been on hold with Verizon support for over an hour now with no success. I am currently subscribed to both FiOS TV and Internet service but am unable to wach live TV on any external app after logging in with my account. The iPad app says "You are not subscribed to this channel. Error code: 102" on every channel, even those which I can currently watch on my set top box. I have the same problem trying to watch live TV on my xbox 360 with a gold subscription.

It seems like no one on the customer service line even knows what I'm talking about. I was asked if I downloaded the iPad app from the verizon website. Good one.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Can't watch Verizon FiOS TV on iPad or Xbox 360
Hubrisnxs
Legend

When you sign up with FiOS - you have to have done the activation and accepted the TOS.  

Failure to do this will mess you up when you try to view tv online content.

Do you remember going to http://activatemyfios.verizon.net?

Also can you go on a regular computer, and go to www.verizon.com/fiostvonline, log in and view content - the same content that you get an error for on the ipad?

0 Likes
jwnarron

The account is active and the TOS was accepted long ago. It isn't archived content that's the problem, it's live TV through both the iPad and Xbox360 app. Both say that they can't verify me as a subscriber.

It's really strange because I used to use the 360 all the time to watch fios tv.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@jwnarron wrote:

Hi,

I have been on hold with Verizon support for over an hour now with no success. I am currently subscribed to both FiOS TV and Internet service but am unable to wach live TV on any external app after logging in with my account. The iPad app says "You are not subscribed to this channel. Error code: 102" on every channel, even those which I can currently watch on my set top box. I have the same problem trying to watch live TV on my xbox 360 with a gold subscription.

It seems like no one on the customer service line even knows what I'm talking about. I was asked if I downloaded the iPad app from the verizon website. Good one.

Hello,

A few things for the iPad app:

1) Have you checked to make sure that on your iPad you are accessing your Verizon FiOS residential account's wifi network?

If you are using a cellular network (data plan) for wifi, and not the wifi for the Verizon FiOS account for your internet at home then you can't access Live TV for the 'FiOS Mobile' app.

2) Are you signing in with a subaccount and not the primary ID when using the FiOS Mobile app for the iPad?

3) Try logging into verizon.com with your userid and password and then going to My Services - TV plan -- does it show your current FiOS TV plan? 

4) Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing the 'FiOS Mobile' app for the iPad from the Appstore and see if you get the same message?

0 Likes
theroys88

Mobile app meaning only in your house.  They are so scared that folks may be cheating that they cripple this app. The real benefit would be for us who travel or go on vacation to be able to take our tv service with us.  Sorry Verizon, you laid an egg. Better wake up and smell the coffee. Streaming devices and smart tvs are not going away!

0 Likes
jwnarron

It turns out that because I am moving this month and therefore have a "pending order" my ability to watch FiOS TV on either my Xbox 360 or iPad was disabled. Why? I wasn't ever given a real reason. I did however spend over 3 hours on the phone before finally even getting that answer.

0 Likes
Domino2384
I too had this problem. I'm moving so my tv is at the new place, but I've kept my router and box so I could access Internet for one more night. I guess I need my actual television to watch shows through the iPad app. Oh we'll, at least I have Internet. I'll try to access show w/o using the app. But I wish they would fix this.
0 Likes
Domino2384
Nope, that didn't work either. My account is pending too. I guess the only suggestion is to not call to have yr service transfered to a new address too soon...and pick up a book
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Domino2384 wrote:
I too had this problem. I'm moving so my tv is at the new place, but I've kept my router and box so I could access Internet for one more night. I guess I need my actual television to watch shows through the iPad app. Oh we'll, at least I have Internet. I'll try to access show w/o using the app. But I wish they would fix this.

Actually you must be on the same WiFi network that you service is registered at (where the STB is located and connected to the network) to use the iPad FiOS TV app that you service is registered at.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@theroys88 What would then stop you from giving your login to friends and family to allow them to watch all the shows they want w/o having to pay for cable?

People may say you could limit the number of devices that could access outside of the home.

How many? I could have several legitmate members of my fmaily that normally live at home, but are travelling and

would want to watch shows while away.

0 Likes