Can't watch things from DVR on computer
toddski

It seems like I can't watch shows recorded to my DVR on my computer. I've read that you might need to use the phone app (on a tiny phone screen). Is this true? Pretty lame to not be able to watch on a computer.

I could do this with Comcast Xfinity...

0 Likes
Re: Can't watch things from DVR on computer
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS does not have the capability to watch DVR content on computer.

Some say it is to keep people from dropping STBs.

You can view on app on phone or tablet.

But again, you can't connect it to a tv or monitor.

0 Likes
Can only watch DVR content on my phone ? Not PC ?
Russ2323

Even within my home, can only access DVR content on my phone, not on my PC or tablet.  Can that really be the case, that's insane.  Is there something i'm missing ?  Switched from Xfinity over the whole remote DVR programing (TiVo lawsuit and Xfinity's arrogance regarding), but at least I could watch DVR content on a screen bigger than my iPhone. Can access DVR content via FiosTv.com but only to "manage" recordings.  What the **bleep** good is that ?

0 Likes
Re: Can only watch DVR content on my phone ? Not PC ?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you cast the tablet or phone to the TV? The Fios app was designed for Android or iOS,  not PC. You could also run blustacks emulator on the PC and run the fios app through that. Sorry, no easy way around that.

0 Likes
Russ2323

Downloaded BlueStacks, and got the Fios TV app from there as well.  Now, I'ma ble to access the DVR screen, but each time I try to play DVR content, it asks which DVR box to play on, and regardless of which I choose, I get the same message "Unable to pair remote with Fios TV Box.  Please retry after re-booting your box.".  And of course, re-booting the box doesn't change anything.  Is it looking for a special remote for the BlueStacks ?

0 Likes
ss201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same problem using Chrome Book. I bought a new Asus Chromebook with touch screen for the sole purpose to use as a 'remote tv'. I installed the Fios TV app from Play Store. Works fine for live TV, but does not allow you to watch your DVR recordings. The problem seems to be that the Chrome Book does not register as a connected device to the Fios box. So, when using Chrome Book, you select a recorded show, it asks you "What Fios TV Box would you like to play on?". I would expect there would be an option that says "Watch now".

So with a Chrome Book, you can watch live TV and paid movies, but no DVR content.
Not nice.

0 Likes
Fiosvscomcast

Check again with Xfinity.  The lawsuit was settled a few months ago and you can now RECORD and PLAY remotely and most importantly stream to your big screen TV all DVR shows you have on your home DVR.  I switched to Fios but now I am so sorry because I cannot do that.  Luckily I use my cousins Comcast account and watch things they record.  Verizon should be able to do this, I am thinking of switching back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Watch DVR content on PC. Xfinity allows it why doesn't FIOS?
NoWatchOnPC

Why does FIOS only allow you to play back DVR content via app on cellphone/tablet when competitor allows you to watch on any networked device capable of watching recorded content?

0 Likes
Re: Watch DVR content on PC. Xfinity allows it why doesn't FIOS?
NoWatchOnPC

As a new customer I have been happy with the other great products, just disappointed with this shortfall.

0 Likes
Re: Watch DVR content on PC. Xfinity allows it why doesn't FIOS?
Fiosvscomcast

Its a HUGE shortfall.  I used to have Xfinity for everything.  Switched to Fios.  I love the Internet and Phone, but their TV service is LOUSY compared to Xfinity.  Not being able to watch you DVR on Fios is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  If Comcast lets you do it then Verizon should.  Because of this simple thing I will be changing my TV back to Comcast.  Why not have two different companies for service!  Competition is the American Way!  

0 Likes