Can you DL HD DVR recorded content to a PC or another HD DVR?
hrycajr

Hi all.  Just moved and had FiOS transferred.  Couldn't find the box with the old HD DVR before the installer arrived to wire us up at the new house, so he gave us a new HD DVR STB.  Now I have content on both DVRs I want to save, but must return one unit to Verizon.  Any idea how to wire either HD DVR to a PC...or to each other?

Thanks in advance,

Roman

0 Likes
Re: Can you DL HD DVR recorded content to a PC or another HD DVR?
PJL
Master - Level 3
There is no way to transfer recorded programs out of the FiOS DVR. 
0 Likes
birdistasty

Not even through the use of a DVD recorder?  Granted, you'd have to sit there and more or less watch everything as it records, but if you really wanted to, couldn't you do it that way?

You can't get it back on your other STB, but at least you should be able to get your shows that way.

...assuming you have a DVD recorder...

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@birdistasty wrote:

Not even through the use of a DVD recorder?  Granted, you'd have to sit there and more or less watch everything as it records, but if you really wanted to, couldn't you do it that way?

You can't get it back on your other STB, but at least you should be able to get your shows that way.

You cannot record (or tranfer) in HD (which was the original poster's question).  You could use the S-video or composite output plus the audio output of the HD DVR STB as the input of the DVD recorder to record SD only.
Message Edited by PJL on 08-28-2008 11:35 AM
0 Likes
birdistasty

@PJL wrote:

@birdistasty wrote:

You cannot record (or tranfer) in HD (which was the original poster's question).  You could use the S-video or composite output plus the audio output of the HD DVR STB as the input of the DVD recorder to record SD only.
Message Edited by PJL on 08-28-2008 11:35 AM

Oh.. I was under the impression he wanted to just get the content off of there; he didn't specify whether it was HD content or SD in the original question, just that he had stuff on his HD DVR he wanted moved off.

Sorry, Roman, if I misread your question.  Feel free to ignore my answer then. 

0 Likes