Can you burn an SD Flex View purchase to DVD?
kmkuntz
Enthusiast - Level 2

We recently bought a bunch of Pixar movies through Flex View.  We take a lot of long drives, with two small kids (2 & 4) and just got one of those backseat portable DVD players - and were hoping we could burn some of the Flex View videos to DVD for the next long drive to keep our, and our kids sanity in check.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Burn an SD Flex View purchase to DVD? - Equipment Diagram
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@kmkuntz wrote:

Out of curiosity - what kind of DVD recorder do you use? ...

Here's a link to photos of our installation:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Networking/Cmon-Show-Us-Your-Network/m-p/481733#M765

Below is a detailed schematic of the installation that shows a Toshiba 620 DVD-R/VHS combo:

View solution in original post

Re: Can you burn an SD Flex View purchase to DVD?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@kmkuntz wrote:

We recently bought a bunch of Pixar movies through Flex View.  We take a lot of long drives, with two small kids (2 & 4) and just got one of those backseat portable DVD players - and were hoping we could burn some of the Flex View videos to DVD for the next long drive to keep our, and our kids sanity in check.

Thanks

Kevin

I doubt that you can -- they are digital rights protected.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe.

I burn movies I watched on demand to DVD by playing from my STB to DVR recorder.

So if you can wathced the pruchsed movies on your STB and have a DVD recorder, try it and see.

kmkuntz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks guys.  I'll try the DVD recorder.

0 Likes
kmkuntz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Out of curiosity - what kind of DVD recorder do you use?  Do you use a standalone device or can you use one that's internal to a laptop/desktop?

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
Burn an SD Flex View purchase to DVD? - Equipment Diagram
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@kmkuntz wrote:

Out of curiosity - what kind of DVD recorder do you use? ...

Here's a link to photos of our installation:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Networking/Cmon-Show-Us-Your-Network/m-p/481733#M765

Below is a detailed schematic of the installation that shows a Toshiba 620 DVD-R/VHS combo:

Re: Burn an SD Flex View purchase to DVD? - Equipment Diagram
kmkuntz
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's awesome.  Thank you.

0 Likes
fiveworth

i am wondering the same thing.  I ASSUMED i would be able to access the purchased movie on my account page on the verizon website, and burn it with my laptop.  i think that is too common sensical for verizon to have considered.  as for any protection or rights, they have none.  i purchased the movie. i bought the rights. 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@fiveworth wrote:

... as for any protection or rights, they have none.  i purchased the movie. i bought the rights. 

Actually you purchased only the right to view the movie.  Here's another example (if needed).

I like museums and go often.  Next week I will (re)visit the Barnes in Philly.  Just bought tickets so my wife, my cousin, and I can stare at the paintings in this improbably wonderful collection.  However I don't yet own any of the paintings and I doubt that the Museum director will allow me to display the paintings of my choice in my living room any time soon.

Of course that's merely my view and I could be wrong.

0 Likes