Can you hear me now?
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

To whom it may concern in Verizon FiOS management:

We, the loyal paying customers of Verizon FiOS TV, deserve and demand a speedy resolution to the HDMI issue(s). To date, we have not received any official correspondence from Verizon regarding the status of the known HDMI issue(s), nor have we received any indication when the issue will be dutifully resolved. Therefore, we should not be expected to pay full price to rent defective equipment, especially when said equipment was installed by Verizon authorized technicians despite the company possessing full knowledge that the equipment was defective. Thus effective immediately, and until such time that the known HDMI issue(s) are satisfactorily resolved, my remittance will duly exclude the full amount related to the aforementioned defective equipment.  Can you hear me now?

A Concerned Customer

0 Likes
Re: Can you hear me now?
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please use a component cable.  That is the quickest fix.  For current HDMI issues. 
1.7 upgrade has been known to fix most of the HDMI issues.  Verizon is working diligently to roll out img 1.7.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

is it the equipment that is faulty or the hdmi technology? 

Why would they charge you less when they have given you two different options to get HD 1080i picture,  and you elect, and choose to not use the alternate method which is less than an inch away from the cable that you are using now?  Verizon will even send you that cable from what I have read.

They gave you 5 differnet ways total to connect the Cable box, 3 standard def ways, and two HD methods. and you continue to want to stay on the 1, even though that technology is rife with issues, and TV manufacturers are putting out firmware updates to fix the issue.   

Have you written similiar letters to those company's?  For example sony and samsung have flash updates to their TV's that address these same HDMI issues?

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

For your information, I started out using the component cables, and despite popular myth. the component cables exhibit similar behavior. And why would I choose to use the SD connections on large screen HDTVs, especially when I signed up for HD Extreme service and I am "renting" HD DVR set-top boxes?  Your suggestion makes no sense whatsoever.  

When I talked with a Verizon authorized service technician that was servicing my neighbors FiOS service several months ago and explained the issue I was having, he handed me an HDMI cable and said "Here, this will solve your problem!" as if he spoke from experience and knowledge, which of course he did not.  Verizon online customer service simply has me "reboot" the box when I've called them regarding these issues.  As far as the other companies are concerned, I have an HDTV from VIzio, and have never had an HDMI issue with the TV.

My primary concern is the fact that Verizon knowingly and willing signs up new customers and installs equipment that is known to be defective without giving any indication to the customer, then when calling customer support the first few times they act as if you are the only one with the issue, and only after demanding to know when the issue will be resolved and threating to discontinue service do they speak up and admit it is a known problem, at which time they tell you a fix is coming on a certain date.  Of course, we all know how that has turned out thus far.

At this point, I'd feel better if I would at least receive a letter from Verizon acknowledging the problem and provide some sort of explanation as to when they plan to have a resolution, thanking me for being a loyal customer and perhaps offering something in return for the inconvenience. They still send me a bill every month, and continue to send the flyers and letters to sign-up for Verizon FiOS many months after I became a FiOS customer, so I know quite well it isn't an issue of money.  In March, my monthly rates for FiOS package will be nearly $200, plus I'm paying in excess of $100 per month for Verizon wireless.  Thus as a customer who is spending more than $300 per month in a tough economy, I feel that I/we deserve better.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@demonstr8r wrote:

1. For your information, I started out using the component cables, and despite popular myth. the component cables exhibit similar behavior. And why would I choose to use the SD connections on large screen HDTVs, especially when I signed up for HD Extreme service and I am "renting" HD DVR set-top boxes?  Your suggestion makes no sense whatsoever.  

When I talked with a Verizon authorized service technician that was servicing my neighbors FiOS service several months ago and explained the issue I was having, he handed me an HDMI cable and said "Here, this will solve your problem!" as if he spoke from experience and knowledge, which of course he did not.  Verizon online customer service simply has me "reboot" the box when I've called them regarding these issues.  As far as the other companies are concerned, I have an HDTV from VIzio, and have never had an HDMI issue with the TV.

My primary concern is the fact that Verizon knowingly and willing signs up new customers and installs equipment that is known to be defective without giving any indication to the customer, then when calling customer support the first few times they act as if you are the only one with the issue, and only after demanding to know when the issue will be resolved and threating to discontinue service do they speak up and admit it is a known problem, at which time they tell you a fix is coming on a certain date.  Of course, we all know how that has turned out thus far.

At this point, I'd feel better if I would at least receive a letter from Verizon acknowledging the problem and provide some sort of explanation as to when they plan to have a resolution, thanking me for being a loyal customer and perhaps offering something in return for the inconvenience. They still send me a bill every month, and continue to send the flyers and letters to sign-up for Verizon FiOS many months after I became a FiOS customer, so I know quite well it isn't an issue of money.  In March, my monthly rates for FiOS package will be nearly $200, plus I'm paying in excess of $100 per month for Verizon wireless.  Thus as a customer who is spending more than $300 per month in a tough economy, I feel that I/we deserve better.

1. well it actually does make a lot of sense if you read what I had wrote without extreme prejudice.  I understand you're upset, but that HDMI issue is not a Verizon issue.  If you look up cable vision and hdmi problems, you'll see the same thing, heck if you put Sony tv and hdmi issue, or Onkyo and hdmi issue into a google search you will see page after page rife with various symptoms, none of which are exclusive to Verizon.      I never suggested you use SD for your HD tv, I simply stated, that you are given a 2nd option and depending on your TV you have three others that you can excercise.  YOU CHOOSE AND ELECT to not use them, and then want something for your trouble.  I don't know that, that is right. 

I agree Support could be a lot better, some of their FT's could be a lot better, but that is neither here nor there.  you aren't writing verizon asking about that, you are talking about the hdmi problem and a quick and immediate resolution to this HDMI problem.  

Let me ask you a question.  IF it were Verizon's hdmi problem, then why does sony and samsung and a handful of other manufacturers provide flash rom upgrades to their TV sets to fix the problem?

I am not blaming the manufacturers for this problem, nor am I excluding verizon from fault.  But you have to realize that the problem is with neither, it's with the technology -  It's a rushed technology, it's standards are too loose, and compliance with those standards are too loose.  

The img 1.7c update fixed a huge number of customers hdmi problems. not all but most. 

I'm sorry you weren't one of them.  

If your component description is true, then you might have a bigger problem than what you are complaining about in this thread.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's such a big deal that it is even a part of "google's" auto complete when doing web searches

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

So again,  Have you written similiar letters to those company's?  For example sony and samsung have flash updates to their TV's that address these same HDMI issues?

0 Likes