Cannot Access Settings or Disable Home Network Protection

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Access Settings or Disable Home Network Protection

Message 1 of 2
(1,244 Views)

I enabled this feature and blocked my TV to test. Right afterwards, I could not get back into the settings for about 8 hours I kept trying, on a Saturday night. I checked with Verizon support and they told me it'd be fixed in 24 hours due to server maintenance. I'm in IT, so that didn't make sense to me.

I removed the app fro my iphone twice, factory reset my router, I think like 3 times. I still couldn't get into HPN or disable it. Then I installed the app on an android device I had around. I went to accounts and settings, security settings and then got the option to disable HPN. 

I got my tv unblocked for internet access. But the Parental Controls from the router is still telling me that I activated HNP, so i have to manage the controls through the App, which I'm not re-enabling until Verizon addresses the issue and the community confirms it's working.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cannot Access Settings or Disable Home Network Protection

Message 2 of 2
(1,150 Views)

same behavior.  saw somewhere else where they said it would take ~20min to update, but its been more than 20 and still cannot get back into Parental Controls

chatting w/ support now (likely a chat bot - not impressed)

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.