Cannot activate HGTV app on Apple TV
jbmfinpro

I cannot activate the HGTV app on an Apple TV streaming device. The activation always gets hung up after I have entered the code generated by the HGTV app and it then asks me to confirm my cable provider. As soon as I select Verizon FiOS from their list of choices I get an endless spinning ball. Verizon is obviously not sending the proper verification to HGTV to complete the activation.

This has happened on three different AppleTV devices all trying to  activate HGTV with a FiOS verification. I have not had any problem activating any other channel's streaming app (PBS, AMC, CBS, etc.)

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate HGTV app on Apple TV
JMF880

Have this same exact issue but with all streaming channels. Cannot activate NBC Sports, Food Network Go, etc. on my Xbox One.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What error are you getting?

Can you not activate any channels?

howemi01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to chime in on this. I haven't been able to authorize NFL Network, Food Network and various other streaming services through my Fios account in days. I get an endless loop of this:

This is across various devices, browsers, apps, etc. Usual steps like deleting caches and rebooting haven't made any difference.

0 Likes
Idongacha

I don't get half of the shows on the hgtv app that I gotv on COX. FiOS sucks

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@howemi01 wrote:

Just wanted to chime in on this. I haven't been able to authorize NFL Network, Food Network and various other streaming services through my Fios account in days. I get an endless loop of this:

This is across various devices, browsers, apps, etc. Usual steps like deleting caches and rebooting haven't made any difference.

Unfortunately not all programming is available for viewing outside of fios tv. To use the outside apps may not have been granted by the product channel providers. IE: ESPN or HGTV, Lifetime etc. the rights to view may only be on approved devices native to your service provider. In this case verizon fios. They may not pay the content provider for off aervice viewing. Blame the content providers and not verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Idongacha wrote:

I don't get half of the shows on the hgtv app that I gotv on COX. FiOS sucks

Like what? I have me very had an issue watching shows on HGTV app.

0 Likes