Cannot get remote web access to work for my MR DVR
Elvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I lost my web access to my DVR several months ago and have not been able to get it to work.  I have disable and reanbled the web access from my DVR several times, but still no luck.  The troubled seem to start when Verizon merged my FIOS and Verizon.com logons onto a single logon.  I used to access my remote dvr using the Verizon.com logon, but now that I only have my FIOS logon I can no longer remote access.

I can use the iphone remote dvr app with no isssues, but cannot get remote access to the site, even though it says it is enabled.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get remote web access to work for my MR DVR
prisaz
Legend

@Elvin wrote:

I lost my web access to my DVR several months ago and have not been able to get it to work.  I have disable and reanbled the web access from my DVR several times, but still no luck.  The troubled seem to start when Verizon merged my FIOS and Verizon.com logons onto a single logon.  I used to access my remote dvr using the Verizon.com logon, but now that I only have my FIOS logon I can no longer remote access.

I can use the iphone remote dvr app with no isssues, but cannot get remote access to the site, even though it says it is enabled.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

.Make sure you can login at MyVerizon.com and your DVR shows on your My Verizon web site. If you cannot access the site, you will need to contact tech suppport or possibly billing, because at that point it means you can not access your bill.

Also when setting up the remote on the DVR, is the account name shown for remote, your old verizon.com or the FiOS account? If the accounts on the DVR  and MyVerizon do not match it will not work. Again you will need to contact Verizon.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Fwiw the chat guys were really helpful for my web dvr issue so give them a try...

Also it might be worth it to head over to myverizon.com and do the forgot username and password and just reset the password   and try again. 

Some people can get it to work with firefox, I have not had that luck.  so try internet explorer just to see if it looks any different.  sign in at www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral   and then go to my tv  and then the sub menu set top boxes and see if it shows enabled?

0 Likes
Elvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks folks,

I have emailed tech support and will try the live chat in the AM(they are not avaialble at this time).  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Works well for me on Firefox 3.6.13. Not much on my DVR right now. 11% and only two Series/Shows. looking forward to more space. Good idea regarding the forgot username and password. I like the online chat too. They can help.

0 Likes