Re: Cannot import favorites to iPad remote
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
I just got word back from the IT development team. They had said with the cisco box it would only work for the non-DVR boxes. They have referred it to production to see if we can start to work on resolving it. I apologize for the inconvenience this has in the mean time.
0 Likes
leneal
Appreciate the reply, wilj, but sadly nothing has changed (even after installing an app update today). Verizon, I've tried fruitlessly working with your on-line tech, he escalated it to another tech who called once for more information but never called again, and after weeks on this forum, still no resolution. Admittedly, my issue is not that big a deal, but this is not the way to earn customer loyalty.
0 Likes
Loki7
I have this exact problem with my FIOS Mobile app on my iPad and a QIP7100-P2 STB. Furthermore, there is no way to manually designate a channel as a Favorite. This is odd because you can manually designate a channel as a Favorite with the iPhone version of this app. But, alas, the "Import Set-Top Box Favorites" does not work on the iPhone version.

I have contacted Verizon several times by phone and using the app Feedback option but have gotten nowhere.
0 Likes
mtindall16
Has this ever been resolved because I am having the same issue. The only difference is when I select Favorites in the guide view it's just blank. No channels show up at all. I there anything I can do?
0 Likes
Loki7

I got a support ticket number on this one today {edited for privacy}.  Second screenshot from my iPad shows the message that I get after I press the "Favorites" button . . . . "No favorite channels at this time".  To reiterate:  On the iPad version, I don't see the option to import, nor do I see a way to manually designate a channel as a Favorite.  On the iPhone version, I DO see the option to import.  But, it does not work.  Specifically, after tapping the "Import Favorites" button, app returns a message "Getting Set-Top Boxes" and then brings me to the screen to "Select Set-Top Box".  The problem here is that this screen does NOT list any STBs (I have three STBs).  Unlike the iPad version, I can manually designate a channel as a Favorite.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps.  I have logged out / logged in.  I have double-checked network settings.  All other features of the app on both the iPad and iPhone appear to work as designed . . . Live TV, changing channels, switching between STBs, etc.

Nice app, especially if V can fix this problem.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
leneal

As you can see from my earlier posts, I have had the exact same experience for almost a year now:  "No favorite channels at this time."   Loki, did you have better luck getting support out of Verizon than I did?

0 Likes
Loki7
No.
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here what I just did.

On my TV I added a couple of new channels to my current Favorites 1

Went to My Ipad (iOS 6.1.3)....Fios Mobile app (VER 1.71) ...TV Listings... View.... Favorites...............Got ALL of Favorite 1

Chose a movie on one of the new channels I just added and marked it to RECORD 8 to 11 pm EDT

Evanw25
Even TWO YEARS LATER THIS SAME LAME PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESED!!!!!
0 Likes