Cannot manage newly swapped STB from Android phone
dbarndt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Our single STB died the other day, and we just successfully installed the replacement.  We can also see and manage (set up programs to record) on the replacement STB from the Verizon web site, so I know it's reachable from the Web.

However, we cannot get the replacement STB to come up on the My FIOS app on my Android phone.  The previous STB is still listed, but of course it's long gone.  We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the My FIOS app without success.

So, the question is, how do I get rid of the old STB in the app in order to successfully access the new one?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot manage newly swapped STB from Android phone
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@dbarndt wrote:

Hi,

Our single STB died the other day, and we just successfully installed the replacement.  We can also see and manage (set up programs to record) on the replacement STB from the Verizon web site, so I know it's reachable from the Web.

However, we cannot get the replacement STB to come up on the My FIOS app on my Android phone.  The previous STB is still listed, but of course it's long gone.  We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the My FIOS app without success.

So, the question is, how do I get rid of the old STB in the app in order to successfully access the new one?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I'm going by what I have on an iPhone (should be a similar app and features)...

have you tried:

1) (since you've done the reinstalling of the 'My FiOS App' already to no avail), try deleting and reinstalling the FiOS Remote App... this is because when you go to the 'Manage My DVR' section of the 'My FiOS' app, it brings you to the FiOS Remote.

2) when you click on 'Manage My DVR', on the top right do you see the DVR location/name?  Does it list two DVRs or just one?  If two, can you uncheck the DVR that is no longer in use?

3) From your FiOS TV Remote, go to Menu -- Settings -- FiOS TV Remote DVR -- Mobile Phone Access 

If all else fails, try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via live chat or by calling 1-888-553-1555.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

dbarndt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I guess I should have said DVR instead of STB.  Both the old and the new are the Motorola 7216 model.  I named the second one differently so I can see the new one online, but not from my phone app.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@dbarndt wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I'm going by what I have on an iPhone (should be a similar app and features)...

have you tried:

1) (since you've done the reinstalling of the 'My FiOS App' already to no avail), try deleting and reinstalling the FiOS Remote App... this is because when you go to the 'Manage My DVR' section of the 'My FiOS' app, it brings you to the FiOS Remote.

2) when you click on 'Manage My DVR', on the top right do you see the DVR location/name?  Does it list two DVRs or just one?  If two, can you uncheck the DVR that is no longer in use?

3) From your FiOS TV Remote, go to Menu -- Settings -- FiOS TV Remote DVR -- Mobile Phone Access 

If all else fails, try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via live chat or by calling 1-888-553-1555.

Hope this helps!

dbarndt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for not replying until now.

That did the trick!  >>> UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING ALL VERIZON FIOS RELATED APPS <<< worked.  I had to re-sign in and everything, and the app picked up the new DVR information automatically.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes