Cannot record 100% of a movie on FIOS
1Poorman
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIOS DVR recording is totally unreliable, and typically gives you 95% of a recorded movie. The very lame claim of DVR time variance is totally fabricated **bleep**, since it is synchronized with their own system. The competition in Maryland doesn’t have the same defect, so people need to vote with their feet and dump FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot record 100% of a movie on FIOS
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you be more specific?
What model DVR?

Manual or series recording?

Is there another show scheduled to be recorded right after the movie?

I record stuff all the time. And the most common reason you don't get the end of a show is that another show is right behind it. The end gets added to the next show.

0 Likes
1Poorman
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the known defect, you cannot record a movie from any channel reliably. 1 in 3 you may get 99% of it. With a series you can modify the start/stop to work around this known defect.

Comcast doesn’t have this defect, so Verizon cannot blame “others” that are outside of Verizon’s control. Moreover, the synchronized time is from the Verizon servers, so that too is a swing and a miss.

At the end of the day, Verizon knows that their quality is substandard, and will continue to lose market share, even as Comcast increases their rates because they have zero real competition in Maryland.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I disagree with you charaterizing this as a known defect.

I don't have a problem recording shows.

Can you explain specific excample?

0 Likes