Cannot remotely program DVR from browser and iPad, get "not responding" and "bad gateway"
AGM4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like others I've seen here, my remote DVR programming has disappeared, it used to work just fine from both the web and my iPad. I now get both "not responding" and "bad gateway" messages. I've tried everything I've seen suggested, including using the in-home agent for both "auto-fix common DVR issues" and "set top box auto correction", and rebooting the FiOS router. The self-diagnostics are all green, and it says that listener 1 is running. However, I still have the problems. From what I've read, there's a remapping process that can be run in the Verizon office that fixes the problem. Can this be done for me? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot remotely program DVR from browser and iPad, get "not responding" and "bad
AGM4
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been fixed by the port remapping process. Thanks to Verizon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot remotely program DVR from browser and iPad, get "not responding" and "bad
AGM4
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been fixed by the port remapping process. Thanks to Verizon!

0 Likes
skiprules

I have the same problem... how does one remap???

0 Likes
Me too!
nubby122
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  Reset router, unplugged box, phone support opened ticket and elevated issue.  No text that it was resolved as promised.  Tech on here is supposedly working on it. Ticket is supposed to be resolved by 5 today, Ill keep you posted.

Port mapping is supposedly the key words, but they haven't solved my problem yet.

0 Likes
Re: Me too!
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Skiprules and Nubby122,
I have sent you both private messages so we can assist in getting the issue resolved.

0 Likes
YTP

I have this same issue. If someone could please help.

Thank you,

YTP

0 Likes
andylaz5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue.  It was "fixed" by Verizon for a couple of days.  Now the only way to re-establish remote DVR access it to reboot my STB them reboot my router.  That only lasts 2 or 3 days.  I tried making the IP address of the STB static, but that didn't didn't help.  I have made all other IPs static to limit the issues caused by rebooting my router.

0 Likes
Re: Me too!
nackjf

Me too!   I have this same problem and rebooting and running the diagnostics did not resolve this problem.  Can you also assist?

Thanks and Rgds,

James

0 Likes
lmetal

I looked at the solution and I am still lost as to what I must do---HELP!  I would have thought that the tech would have posted the directions for fixing this issue so some of us who isn't a tech would understand.

0 Likes
Can not remotely program DVR from browser - get bad gateway message
LisaN2

Same issue that a lot of folks seem to be having.  Can someone pass on the solution.  Thanks!

0 Likes