Cannot set 4:3 0verride in QIP 7232 DVR box
patti_s
Enthusiast - Level 1

For a number of motnhs my new 50 inch Zeneth Plasma has been working flawlessly.  Today I had to disconnect t he box and when I reconnected all non HD stations were being shown in 4:3 ratio.  I was able to get into diagnostic mode and determined that the 4:3 override was off.  I can resize th picture using the remote but the picture reverts as soon as you tune in another 4:3 channel.  Problem -I have read the directions on how to reset t he override but once I get in I canot change a thing.  I can see the settings but any attempt to highlight a a setting and change it fails.  MOving the cursor down just reverts to the main diagnostic screen.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?  I have readr the QIP manual several times and cannot get it to make a change.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot set 4:3 0verride in QIP 7232 DVR box
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they placed that setting in the menu, so you should be able to click menu > settings > video settings > SD OVERRIDE 

SD OVERRIDE has all the standard definition formats.   try doing it from there. 

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot set 4:3 0verride in QIP 7232 DVR box
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they placed that setting in the menu, so you should be able to click menu > settings > video settings > SD OVERRIDE 

SD OVERRIDE has all the standard definition formats.   try doing it from there.