Switch Account

Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward

Message 1 of 3
(418 Views)

When I fast forwarded the old QIP.... box and then hit play, it would skip back a few seonds to allow for the fact that my reaction time is not instantaneous.

I cannot find a similar facility on my new VMS100 box.  Anyone know if this facility can be set anywhere.

Thanks,

Bryan.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward

Message 2 of 3
(403 Views)

AFAIK there has never been a setting for this but can't answer for the VMS (haven't bit that bullet yet).  I believe that TiVO sued VZ over a patent for that feature a while back and they made tweaks to the code to not be infringing.  The current 7216 I have is sporadic in doing the back-up a few seconds (has been for a long time).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Cannot skip back a few seconds after fast forward

Message 3 of 3
(399 Views)

@BAnslow wrote:

When I fast forwarded the old QIP.... box and then hit play, it would skip back a few seonds to allow for the fact that my reaction time is not instantaneous.

I cannot find a similar facility on my new VMS100 box.  Anyone know if this facility can be set anywhere.

Thanks,

Bryan.

Actually I never though this was a feature.  It happened some times and not others on both by QIP7232 and my VMS boxes.  I have always had my boxes set to have the skip back button go back 10 seconds and just use that if I think I went to far.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.