Cannot tune in to encrypted channels with new SD STB
iceman0526

I recently replaced two of the basic FiOS tuner boxes with two SD receivers (so I can access the guide and watch DVR'ed shows in other rooms).  With the new boxes, I don't receive encrypted channels (channels 50+).  These channels worked perfectly with the last boxes.  All other features seem to be working properly, as long as I am watching channel 49 or below. 

Has anyone had this problem before?  Any recommendations of things to try before I get a Verizon tech out to look at it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot tune in to encrypted channels with new SD STB
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the box has not been activated.  There might be a way to do this with the online assistent, but the easiest is probably to have tech support (or chat) initialize your box.   Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the paper work that came with that set top box had instructions to go online and activate.

you should find that paper work as it will save you a 20+ minute phone call.

how do I activate

How do I activate my Set-Top Box or DVR?  

If you are self-installing a Set-top Box or DVR, follow the Self-Install User Guide that came with your equipment. If you've misplaced your guide, download a pdf version below:

Self-Install User Guide (1 MB)

Have you completed all the preliminary steps and just need to activate your equipment?

Go to www.verizon.com/fiostv/selfinstall and follow the onscreen instructions. Activation takes approximately 30 minutes.

They give you a code number and it takes like 2-3 minutes if that to get the activation started.   

page 15 of this pdf shows you what the activation code looks like and where to find it on your paper...

iceman0526

Thanks for the help, that fixed the problem.  Funny how the Verizon rep I chatted with for over half an hour last night couldn't figure it out, and it only takes a few minutes on a forum.  I guess I know where to go (and where not to go) for help next time. 

0 Likes