Cant get my Presidian DVD recorder to work
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

My FIOS box goes into the DVD recorder, then out to the tv.

Although I can program the DVD to turn on and off with the verizon remote I cant seem to play a DVD or record.

I've tried combinations of "channel 3's" and "component 1"  - no joy.

Verizon says they cant comment because it's not a Verizon product

Thanks - p

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cant get my Presidian DVD recorder to work - panic over
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally figured out the yellow/red/white connectors had to be connected to the AV inputs not the 'component 1'  on the TV. I practically had to turn the tv upsidedown to find ,where to put the yellow. 

Thanks anyway

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cant get my Presidian DVD recorder to work
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

The first step is to determine what input the DVD-Recorder is plugged into the TV.  Your TV needs to be set to that input.  That should at least get you to play a DVD.  If you are still not sure, then provide us with the model TV you are using.

Then what "input" is the Fios box plugged in on your DVD Recorder?  You need to make sure that the input is appropriately set on the DVD Recorder.  When you set up your DVD Recorder to record something, it will usually give you the option to select a source to record.  Examples might be "AV1", "AV2", or "Input1", etc.  Just make sure that you select the input used by the Fios Box.

0 Likes
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks a lot. I just changed my tv and got Fios. Never any problems until this change

The verizon boys set it up - a regular cable goes out via "antenna out" on the DVD into the "DTV/TV cable antenna" on the tv - its a Vizio 37"-inputs are TV, AV, component 1, component 2 rgb,hdmi1, hdmi2

The fios box input into the dvd is "antenna in"

I just cant get any set up or other DVD instructions to come up on the screen

0 Likes
Re: Cant get my Presidian DVD recorder to work - panic over
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally figured out the yellow/red/white connectors had to be connected to the AV inputs not the 'component 1'  on the TV. I practically had to turn the tv upsidedown to find ,where to put the yellow. 

Thanks anyway

0 Likes
Cra-Z-cat
thanks or the info.. i was able to get my dvd recorder hooked up with your help.. appreciate it!!
0 Likes