Center channel audio missing or low (intermittant) and delay when DVR button is pressed
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

The channel switching lag is gone for me now that I received the update but now I have 2 different problems. The worst is the audio (center channel or dialog) is either missing completely or very, very low on mostly commercials but also on some shows (Shark Tank). This problem does not affect every show or commercial. I had this exact problem about a year or so ago and found the cure on these forums but this time it's not solving the problem 100%. The old cure was to change an audio setting in a hidden menu (press power, OK and then MENU quickly). This should bring up a service menu and then you select "additional hdmi options" and then "audio". Now there are 3 choices: AUTO, pass-through and L-PCM (or something like that). Mine was set to "pass-through" and I changed it to L-PCM but that disabled my surround audio so I tried "AUTO". That seemed to fix my problem for a while but when I recorded and then watched Shark Tank today, we noticed the center channel dialog was extremely low and the R & L speakers contained loud sound effects that made it difficult to hear the dialog.

The second problem is when I first turn the DVR on and then press the DVR button to access DVR recordings menu. There is a 5 to 30 second delay and during this delay a stored Verizon ad (commercial) takes over until you press the EXIT button. Once you exit their ad, everything is normal again. This stored ad is extremely annoying.

Is there a way to disable these ads ?

0 Likes
Re: Center channel audio missing or low (intermittant) and delay when DVR button is pressed
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I notice that the DVR ad problem has been mentioned before on this forum:

DVR ads

0 Likes
Re: Center channel audio missing or low (intermittant) and delay when DVR button is pressed
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

The center channel (dialog) problem is getting worse for me. Most of channel 510 (NBC 10 HD) 5:30 - 6:00pm news was mostly silent. I switched to channel 010 (NBC 10 SD) to hear the news instead. I tried every audio setting available in the DVR's 2 menus. I have the 7232 P2 and received the software update about 3 weeks ago.

0 Likes