Change to Weather Widget
ElizabethA1

I am incredibly disappointed with the change to the weather widget.   The appeal of the widget was that I could easily check the current and future weather without changing the channel!   Now, when I select the weather widget it takes me to a muted weather channel screen that only displays current conditions, not future ones, and does not even seem to offer an option to see future weather conditions.   THe absolute worst is that it takes me away from whatever I was watching and to get back to it I have to exit out of the weather widget.   If I wanted to be redirected to a different channel I would go to the weather channel, not use the widget. 

I cannot overstate how much I HATE this change.  Is there a way for me to change it back to the way it was?

0 Likes
Re: Change to Weather Widget
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

First, there are multiple tabs on the displayed page that include Alerts, Future  and current.

Second, if you want, go back to widgets and seledct the old Weather Bug and you'll have what you always dgad.

0 Likes
mouse157
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also hate the change because when I go to expand the weather ,now I am getting Dallas weather but I live in NYC,what happens tried to delete Dallas ,but it keeps returning.

ElizabethA1

@Keyboards wrote:

First, there are multiple tabs on the displayed page that include Alerts, Future  and current.

Second, if you want, go back to widgets and seledct the old Weather Bug and you'll have what you always dgad.

thank you - that was helpful!  I re-added the weatherbug widget.  Is there to remove the weather channel widget from the group that appears at the top of the screen when I press  the widget button on the remote control?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@ElizabethA wrote:

@Keyboards wrote:

thank you - that was helpful!  I re-added the weatherbug widget.  Is there to remove the weather channel widget from the group that appears at the top of the screen when I press  the widget button on the remote control?

Unfortunately I have not found a way to remove the Weather Channel Widget (or any of the other "default" widgets like Barbie - UGH!).

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Keyboards wrote:

Unfortunately I have not found a way to remove the Weather Channel Widget (or any of the other "default" widgets like Barbie - UGH!).

Do you think maybe Verizon is being paid to place the widgets that can't be removed on the main widget window? 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@PJL wrote:

@Keyboards wrote:

Do you think maybe Verizon is being paid to place the widgets that can't be removed on the main widget window? 

What a cynical view <sarcasm off>

Of course they are, why else would Helmans mayonaise be one of the "widgets" that used to be where Barbie is now.

Just like the polluting of the guide with VOD listings that appear as channels - but I digress.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Ah but a great digression!

0 Likes
Beelzel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also to add, perhaps (hopefully) not everyone else is suffering like I am ... this AM it took a minute and 12 seconds to load.

Yep, cancelled the first attempt ... thought it was a force close situation ... but, kept trying and still all loading times over one minute.

NOT TO MENTION ... why does it keep defaulting to Dallas...

0 Likes