Changing Channels
StonebrookDavid

When changing channels, e.g.. 1541 to 570, both HD I believe, There is a period of time when the signal disappears.  The monitor shows a "no signal" message.  I am using an HDMI cable, I have swapped it with out improvement.  The signal appears without the loss of signal on the RF out to an RF TV set.   This symptom appeared after about two months of our new service.  The loss of signal at first was 5-4 seconds,  now lasts > 45 seconds some times.

0 Likes
Re: Changing Channels
prisaz
Legend

@StonebrookDavid wrote:

When changing channels, e.g.. 1541 to 570, both HD I believe, There is a period of time when the signal disappears.  The monitor shows a "no signal" message.  I am using an HDMI cable, I have swapped it with out improvement.  The signal appears without the loss of signal on the RF out to an RF TV set.   This symptom appeared after about two months of our new service.  The loss of signal at first was 5-4 seconds,  now lasts > 45 seconds some times.

That is the HDMI adjusting for HD to SD. the 1500 channels are SD Spanish language channels if I recall. If you go into the STB settings there is a setting for the video output to match the capabilities of you TV. Also a setting for SD overide. When switching to a SD channel the STB can be set to do various things. I like to set mine to SD overide off and let the TV handle what ever screen ratio I desire.

0 Likes