Changing channels
frontier3

When will Verizon offer the ability to switch automatically to the HD channel when available? I know other providers offer this so that if you enter the SD channel but an HD channel is available it will switch to the HD channel, I understand I can press (C) on my remote to go to the HD channel but I believe the box should be capable of doing this automatically as long as the setting was activated to switch to HD channel on the box.

I would like to not see the SD channel in the Guide when an HD channel is available for the same channel, this is also offered by other providers. I know you can select HD channels on the Guide but then that leaves off channels only in SD. I would like to see SD and HD channels but only HD for channels that are shown in both.

0 Likes
Re: Changing channels
harrimail

I was searching for this option also; couldn't find it; but found your post.  I'm disappointed as well that there is not an option for this.Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

There is a way to do it. I just don't remember exactly how to change it. I'm sure if you go to settings and just start looking from there you should be able to find it. Mine has been set they way almost since the time I changed to Fios and I have an older model DVR too.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

All the newer STB had their software changed to do this.  Not sure if the older boxes such as the Motorola 6xxx got this update.

0 Likes