Changing the "Favorite 1" title

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Changing the "Favorite 1" title

Message 1 of 3
(3,972 Views)

I setup my favorites using the Favorites pdf.  Thanks!   "Favorites 1" is all All channels I receive and "Favorites 2" are the channels with football.  Now when I had Dish Network I was able to rename favorites, so I had a "Subscribed" list and a "Football" list.  How do I do this with FIOS since my wife is really annoyed by the favorite 1 name which pretty meaningless.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Changing the "Favorite 1" title

Message 2 of 3
(3,951 Views)

You're stuck with it the way they are named - currently no way to custom name them.  I know it's the wife, but what does it matter what they are called as long as you (and she) know what they are?  It's not like there are a dozen or more, it's either 1 or 2 (or Fred and Ethel if you prefer Smiley Very Happy )

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Changing the "Favorite 1" title

Message 3 of 3
(3,939 Views)

thetick,

As the author of the Favorites pdf, thanks for your "thanks", I appreciate the feedback. 

As Keyboards said, there is no way to change the names. This is the first time I have seen that idea, and IMO it is a good one, Favorites 1 and Favorites 2 really are too generic. Although I am sure your wife will figure it out quickly (just tell here since she is #1 in the house and you are #2, then Favorites 1 is for her and Favorites 2 is only for you Smiley Very Happy ) Seriously, I hope Verizon picks up this idea in a future release.

On a regular basis I use only Favorites 1, but whenever HBO or any service I do not subscribe to has a "free preview" I use Favorites 2 to give me access to those channels, takes a minute or two to set up but only a few seconds to remove once the preview is over.

Anyway, I wish more people would try out the Favorites thing, I have found it really does make using the Verizon STBs much more friendly.

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.