Channel Guide Question
l1willia1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like using the full guide option.  Last night the box updated itself, and now there's this huge bar at the bottom to remind me I'm watching Verizon.  It's made the picture of the channel I'm watching smaller. 

Probably a dumb question- any way to use that full guide and get rid of the giant VERIZON at the bottom?

I mean...I know it's Verizon.  It says it on the set top box.  And my monthly bill.  Why do I need to see it more places?

Re: Channel Guide Question
Justin46
Legend

@l1willia wrote:

Probably a dumb question- any way to use that full guide and get rid of the giant VERIZON at the bottom?

I am pretty sure there is no way to remove that ad (I am guessing you are on the West Coast if you are seeing just Verizon there, I am in Texas and I see ads for things like Disney Family Movies). I have gone through all of the options and have all of the notifications, etc. set to off or disable, and I still see an ad at the bottom. But really, at least to me, it took maybe 2 or 3 days to get used to it being there, no big deal, I don't even see it any more.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
eric-h
Enthusiast - Level 2

Already posted in another thread, but I got the "Verizon" logo yesterday and the boxes apparently rebooted again today and now there are ads in place of the logo. Pure garbage and even more spam that ruined a somewhat clean interface. Reminds me of the interface problems that added to reasons for leaving Time Warner.

0 Likes
l1willia1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the replies.  I'm sorry I didn't see the other thread- I searched, this site is a little messy (in my opinion).  

I'm getting the advertisements there now, too.  Hopefully it fades into the background because I have a pet peeve about advertising to me when I'm already paying a subscription, especially given the random notice I received recently that my bill would increase by $8.  But then...once it becomes background they'll just make it bigger and more aggressive, so I suppose I should be grateful for how it is now.

0 Likes