Channel is unavailable and internet is down

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Channel is unavailable and internet is down

Message 1 of 3
(3,532 Views)
Yesterday while watching tv, my picture froze and a message came up saying that the channel is unavailable and to call 1-866-962-1946 and enter error code 8801. Within an hour service was back up. Then a few hours later the same thing happened. Then last night around 11pm, it went down and as of this morning I was still not able to get it up and working. I called the number several times to perform the automated tests and talked to an agent yesterday when the service went down for the first time. Any ideas on what I can do? I ran out of time this morning to wait for an agent to assist me. Could this just be a local problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Channel is unavailable and internet is down

Message 2 of 3
(3,505 Views)

Where does "Internet Down" come into your problem ?

What Channel or Channels were giving you the error ?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Channel is unavailable and internet is down

Message 3 of 3
(3,474 Views)
This might be a signaling issue coming to your home.  If you message me with your account info, I will run a test on your line and we can move on from there. 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.