Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide.

Reply
EFFeX
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-07-2012

Re: Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide.

Message 11 of 15
(973 Views)

Yes, it's definitely not user error at all. I have reset the box and run all the fixes on my end as well. It's still showing multiple channels I do not subscribe too. The guy I talked to with the tech support didn't seem to really have an idea as I waited a long time for an answer... which eventually was that nothing could be done. I don't think that's an acceptable solution, but it is what it is at this point. I guess we have to accept the "Subscribed" filter as broken? smh

FIOS-Dan
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎08-24-2010

Re: Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide.

Message 12 of 15
(968 Views)

I think it's better to spend some time and create a "favorites" list.  This will create a more streamlined list of channels when you press the guide button.  You can add/delete any channels you want for your favorites.  You can even create a "favorites 2" list also.  It took me about 15-20 minutes to create my favorites list. You can start your favorites by adding all available channels, and then removing the ones you don't want, or you can start by removing all channels, and then just add the ones you want for your favorites.   This might be the best alternative....I don't think Verizon will try and fix this anomoly anytime soon.

beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 333
Registered: ‎02-14-2012

Re: Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide.

Message 13 of 15
(965 Views)

@FIOS-Dan wrote:

I think it's better to spend some time and create a "favorites" list.  This will create a more streamlined list of channels when you press the guide button.  You can add/delete any channels you want for your favorites.  You can even create a "favorites 2" list also.  It took me about 15-20 minutes to create my favorites list. You can start your favorites by adding all available channels, and then removing the ones you don't want, or you can start by removing all channels, and then just add the ones you want for your favorites.   This might be the best alternative....I don't think Verizon will try and fix this anomoly anytime soon.


 

The favs option is a good idea for most, but if someone has guests/relatives over they won't always know to hit the small heart button. Even my father in law who has huge fingers and would have a time hitting the small button without hitting others. lol

I used to use the favs option myself in the past, but found that to be to much of a pain imo. I think I'd rather just see channels I dont have.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide - Alternative Entertainment Plan.

Message 14 of 15
(956 Views)

@beetlejuice wrote:
 ... if someone has guests/relatives over they won't always know to hit the small heart button ...  I think I'd rather just see channels I don't have ...

I haven't given this much thought, but it occurs to me that worrying about how your guests watch TV while visiting is not an inspired entertainment plan.  Instead, just break out some good Merlot, cut up some cheese (a minimum of 3 varieties), prepare a few trays of crackers (a minimum of 2 varieties), and see what happens.

 

You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

FIOS-Dan
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎08-24-2010

Re: Channels I'm not subscribed to are showing in the guide.

Message 15 of 15
(940 Views)

@beetlejuice wrote:

@FIOS-Dan wrote:

I think it's better to spend some time and create a "favorites" list.  This will create a more streamlined list of channels when you press the guide button.  You can add/delete any channels you want for your favorites.  You can even create a "favorites 2" list also.  It took me about 15-20 minutes to create my favorites list. You can start your favorites by adding all available channels, and then removing the ones you don't want, or you can start by removing all channels, and then just add the ones you want for your favorites.   This might be the best alternative....I don't think Verizon will try and fix this anomoly anytime soon.


 

The favs option is a good idea for most, but if someone has guests/relatives over they won't always know to hit the small heart button. Even my father in law who has huge fingers and would have a time hitting the small button without hitting others. lol

I used to use the favs option myself in the past, but found that to be to much of a pain imo. I think I'd rather just see channels I dont have.


I'm not sure I follow why your guests would have to hit the "heart" button on the remote.  The "favorites" option is a fixed option in the pull down menu.  Once it's selected, you don't ever have to push the heart button.  I just set my favorites channels up from the "menu", "settings" area, and then go to guide and change my mode to "favorites 1".  That's it.  Neither I, nor any of my guests will ever have to touch the heart button again.

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.