Channels slowly but surely going unavailable
mlsyd

At first it started with just a few channels, but I'm down to about 1/3rd to 1/2 of HD channels available with those unavailable being a mix of being reported as "Channel unavailable", some with a very distorted appearance to others simply saying the channel is being shown but still being left at the last channel. I'm currently watching South Park though my box claims that it's on ESPN.

Is the set top box broke/malfunctioning? My signal is reported as being good throughout the diagnostics.

0 Likes
Re: Channels slowly but surely going unavailable
prisaz
Legend

If you box says it is off line, it means it can't contact the Internet for guide data and other functions. Contact Verizon Tech support regarding this issue.

Do you have nore than one box?

If so is it doing this on all boxes?

Could be a router, set top box issue, or even an issue with the VHO. Contact Verizon.

http://www22.verizon.com/Content/ContactUs/CallUs/callus.htm

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@mlsyd wrote:

At first it started with just a few channels, but I'm down to about 1/3rd to 1/2 of HD channels available with those unavailable being a mix of being reported as "Channel unavailable", some with a very distorted appearance to others simply saying the channel is being shown but still being left at the last channel. I'm currently watching South Park though my box claims that it's on ESPN.

Is the set top box broke/malfunctioning? My signal is reported as being good throughout the diagnostics.

The first thing I'd try, is reseat the coax on the back of the STB. (should say RF IN or FIOS TV IN). Just disconnect and reconnect. You'd be supprised how often that that works. If not, try rebooting the STB (unplug from electric).

If you still have issues. the next question would be do you have more than the one box? Do they have the same issue? Can you swap with another box to see if the problem is the box or the line?

Finally, if all else fails. Call Tech support  888-553-1555

0 Likes
mlsyd

Tried new cable, unplugging and different outputs. I've lost virtually all my HD channels now. Going to try tech support, but, it seems to be the service itself from Verizon since all the other STBs in the house have gone awry as well.

0 Likes