Channels unavailable
PatM4
I receive a message saying Channel not Available at night. I have rebooted, unplugged, plugged, etc. Some nights the tv works, but more and more frequently, I have no tv at night, the only time I want to watch it. I check it in the morning and throughout the day when I can, and it is working. Why won't it work at night?
0 Likes
Re: Channels unavailable
GenralTomFoolry

This very same thing happens to me.  It only happens for a few channels, TNT and Cartoon Network.  What's really strange is the channels come in perfectly if I'm sitting at my computer, so I'm sitting next to the router, and my set top box is only 3 feet away from that.  If I go lay on my bed to watch TV, those channels will often start pixelating and cutting out.  When it starts cutting out, if I lay a certain way on my bed, the channels will come in again.  If I stand up, they'll cut out.  If I leave my room, they'll cut out.  All of this is very strange, because it seems like the set top box recieves the TV signal via radio instead of coaxl cable.  The set top box does exactly what a crappy radio with a broken antenna does, if you or something that is conductive get in the proximity of it, the signal comes in stronger and clearer.  I simply cannot understand this problem, nor can I fix it.  I've gotten a new box and a new router from Verizon's customer support, fixing that would surely solve the problem.  But it hasn't.  How is it possible for two different pieces of equipment to have the same issue?  The reason why I had the router replced was because the original one I had would reset itself seemingly whenever it felt like.  When I got the new one, the problem persisted fo a few days, and then the router stated working perfectly. 

I really need this issue resolved.

0 Likes