Charge for Additional Ports
bpf7635

Am considering FIOS TV. Currently have two cable lines, one main floor one bedroom.

Is there an additional charge for more than one port?

0 Likes
Re: Charge for Additional Ports
prisaz
Legend

@bpf7635 wrote:

Am considering FIOS TV. Currently have two cable lines, one main floor one bedroom.

Is there an additional charge for more than one port?

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiostv/equipment.htm#equip

"Installation is totally free for the first three TVs, with existing coaxial cables – those wires you typically see jutting out from the wall that connect to your TV."

I thought it used to be they would wire to the first TV or Computer and the others were at additional cost. But it may be additional cost for running more cable because of the labor related. Being a new install they usually have some flexibility.

Use the contact us link found at the bottom of the page. This is a peer to peer community where Verizon does on occasion respond to questions. But it is better to contact them directly.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Charge for Additional Ports
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you asking if there is a charge to have a third outlet put in place (in which case prisaz has covered it) or are you asking about the pricing structure for connecting up the two outlets you have?

In the case of the latter, for FiOS, you need a set-top box (STB) for each TV you wish to connect to the service and receive all the programming (without a box, a TV would need  QAM tuner and then would only get a very very limited set of the "local" channels).  The set-top boxes run between from around $5/month to $10/month depending on the features you want in the box (basic, SD, or HD) and up if you subscribe to the DVR service.  In the context of what I believe is your question ... these amounts as the "charge per TV" costs associated with FiOS TV.  

Note that if you subscribe to the DVR service that there are sometimes bundle pricing packages available which can reduce the per TV STB monthly cost as well.

When I first got FiOS, even with these charges per TV, my overall cost was still less than what the cable company wanted AND in return I got all programming on all TV's instead of just the ones with a STB.

The online configuration tool is pretty good at walking thru all the costs associated with your install, so you could just go thru the process of ordering BUT not checkout to see what your month to month cost would be with all the STB's you need.

0 Likes