Charges for package we didn't subscribe to?
tblunden

We ordered Fios TV and Internet a couple of months ago.  I got my bill today and there were charges for a movie package (Showtime, Cinemax) that we did not subscribe to.  Our oldest child is 5 and it is very unlikely that she could have subscribed.  Regardless, after a very long, frustrating Phone call, Verizon will not refund our money for the time that this service was "subscribed" to.

I have two major concerns:

First- Most companies have a one time "oops" policy.  For example, we made the mistake of not having "parental controls" turned on.  Our fault, kind of, (it would have been nice if a Verizon rep would have informed us of this option during set-up/ activation).  Ok, so lets say we made a mistake ONE time, and we called the day we got the bill, is there no grace for something like this??? We are not repeat offenders, that I could understand!

Second- Why could Verizon have an automated response to new services ordered?  An email the next day for example, that simply says something to the way of...  "the following changes have been made to your account, if this was authorized you do not need to do anything... if this was NOT authorized please call now to review your account."

That would've been nice, rather than waiting until we get our bill to find out!!!

Please Verizon, do something.  It may not be that much money but a little respect from Verizon would go a long ways towards making customers happy!

I will share this horrible experience with anyone/everyone I can until it is made right.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Charges for package we didn't subscribe to?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes