Choppy reception only on channel 576 (comcast channel)
Teresa

Hi, I looked for this question before I posted.  My downstairs drv gets choppy reception when watching comcast network.  My upstairs is fine.  Any idea as to how to fix this?  I only watch this channel when the ACC tournaments are on and when some local football games happen to be televised.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Choppy reception only on channel 576 (comcast channel)
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Oddly enough those issues turn out to be an issue with the coax cable that comes through from the wall to your cable box.  often times it can be resolved by simply undoing that cable from the back of your set top box and then reattaching it nice and snug.   Believe it or not it happened to me with just one channel on one set, and then 3 random channels on a 2nd set.   I was able to fix one by doing that, the other I had to buy a different coax cable, (4 dollars for 12 feet)

this would probably hold true moreso since one tv gets the picture just fine and the other doesn't, that helps to narrow down where the problem is.   the channel and the feed are coming into the house fine, but the one leg of cable is having an issue

@Teresa wrote:

Hi, I looked for this question before I posted.  My downstairs drv gets choppy reception when watching comcast network.  My upstairs is fine.  Any idea as to how to fix this?  I only watch this channel when the ACC tournaments are on and when some local football games happen to be televised.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Oddly enough those issues turn out to be an issue with the coax cable that comes through from the wall to your cable box.  often times it can be resolved by simply undoing that cable from the back of your set top box and then reattaching it nice and snug.   Believe it or not it happened to me with just one channel on one set, and then 3 random channels on a 2nd set.   I was able to fix one by doing that, the other I had to buy a different coax cable, (4 dollars for 12 feet)

this would probably hold true moreso since one tv gets the picture just fine and the other doesn't, that helps to narrow down where the problem is.   the channel and the feed are coming into the house fine, but the one leg of cable is having an issue

@Teresa wrote:

0 Likes
Teresa

Thanks dude, I tried the reconnecting first but I guess I will need to get another coax cable. I sort of remember the fios guys using my cable from when I had a satellite and one of the cables I ran into the house I sort of nixed in the garden so that is probably the problem.  But isn't it weird to only affect one channel. Wow. Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well what it depends on is the severity of how bad that connection is, if it's not too severe, it will do lighter stuff, like pixelizing, choppy, you may get one -5 channels that say currently unavailable, if it's really severe of a problem then you will lose everything.   so it's just wierd how that works.

0 Likes