Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum

Message 1 of 3
(519 Views)

I'm getting bad audio static/crackling on some Cinemax HD channels. The Thing and Cronicles of Riddick were both almost unwatchable. Crackling seems to be correlated with loud soundtrack passages, even if I have the overall volume low. Center channel has the most crackling but it also shows up in the Left and Right channels also. I don't think it's my system because Blurays and other TV channels are OK...even at very loud volume. DVR reset doesn't help.

I've confirmed that my brother, who is on a non-Verizon cable system, also has the same audio problems with Cinemax HD channels. I suspect that the problem is either in the feed from Cinemax or some conversion that Verizon is doing, but don't have any way to test this. I also don't see a way to contact Cinemax for help.

Does anyone have any ideas on resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum

Message 2 of 3
(495 Views)

I'm having the same issue. Some channels, HBO and especially Cinemax are unwatchable at times. It's been very frustrating to deal with. I swapped out hdmi cables, went hdmi directly to the tv, used a digital audio cable instead of hdmi and I reset the set top box multiple times to no avail. It's started after the last update a couple of months ago.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum

Message 3 of 3
(449 Views)

Yea it's pretty bad on Cinemax, and I'm on dishnetwork so it's definetly cinemax/HBO feed

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.