Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum
Not applicable

I'm getting bad audio static/crackling on some Cinemax HD channels. The Thing and Cronicles of Riddick were both almost unwatchable. Crackling seems to be correlated with loud soundtrack passages, even if I have the overall volume low. Center channel has the most crackling but it also shows up in the Left and Right channels also. I don't think it's my system because Blurays and other TV channels are OK...even at very loud volume. DVR reset doesn't help.

I've confirmed that my brother, who is on a non-Verizon cable system, also has the same audio problems with Cinemax HD channels. I suspect that the problem is either in the feed from Cinemax or some conversion that Verizon is doing, but don't have any way to test this. I also don't see a way to contact Cinemax for help.

Does anyone have any ideas on resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum
petmic10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Some channels, HBO and especially Cinemax are unwatchable at times. It's been very frustrating to deal with. I swapped out hdmi cables, went hdmi directly to the tv, used a digital audio cable instead of hdmi and I reset the set top box multiple times to no avail. It's started after the last update a couple of months ago.

Re: Cinemax Audio Crackling - repost in correct forum
Zeros
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea it's pretty bad on Cinemax, and I'm on dishnetwork so it's definetly cinemax/HBO feed

0 Likes